Saturday, June 27, 2009

Three Deaths in a Row for Just One Day

Well guys, it's been a helluva disappointing week these days. Full of unexpected surprises and sad news.

I worked three consecutive nights from Monday until Wednesday in preparation for my two weeks vacation to the Philippines and three weeks vacation to France. I am pretty much exhausted and I am glad it was over.

Yesterday, a Thursday, the start of my five weeks vacation, I was spending time with my high school classmate Bongbong Palencia.

We started having breakfast after I got out from my graveyard shift work. I picked him up at his sister's place in Whittier, CA and we headed to downtown Los Angeles to have an early morning breakfast at "The Original Pantry House" which was the most famous breakfast place in Los Angeles since the 1930's and until now. It was also been the favorite place of some well-known celebrities.

After the breakfast I asked my friend if I can take a little nap and do my facial treatment schedule at eleven in the morning, while he can spend his time at Universal Studios. He immediately agreed so I then dropped him off at the amusement park in North Hollywood.

I went home after I dropped him off there and went to take a nap for two hours. After the nap I went to my hygienist for my facial treatment schedule. Then I went to Universal Citywalk and meet up with my high school friend who was apparently watching the movie.

We went ahead and watched the new movie by Michael Bay which is the Transformers 2. I was quite curious about the hype given to this new movie. When we went to watch it the movie house was full and the audience were very eager and excited to see it.

For me, the movie was very very good. I love the plot and it was loaded with a lot of actions and loud sound effects. The visual effects were superb and the characters live up to their roles. I love the new role of the autobots and the story could not be that good without the new roles of the added decepticons who were called "The Fallen". But in the end the evil couldn't outdo the good ones. And the good always prevails in the end.

After we watched the movie, my friend told me that he received a news from his sister through a text message that Michael Jackson died of unknown cause. I asked him if he was referring to the Pop Prince and he said yes. I was quite surprise about what he told me and I did not believed him initially until I can confirm it on my own. But I temporarily, brushed it off and ignored the news not until I could get home and research it from the news.

After we got out of Universal Citywalk, we left the amusement park and went to Sunset Boulevard and ate at Bossa Nova for a light dinner. After the dinner I drove my friend showing him off to Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills and then to downtown area theater district. After that I drove him home to Whittier.

When I get home I can't wait to open my computer and confirm the news that I just got about Jacko. And when I opened the yahoo browser, then all my angst about it was been officially confirmed.

The headline says, "Michael Joseph Jackson Dies at Age of 50". I felt so numb and in denial about what I've found and I immediately recalled my younger days in the 80's which was the Prince of Pop's heyday. I remembered how he effected the music and dance industry by his out of this world singing and dance moves.

It was a sad day in Los Angeles that Thursday night and all the radio stations dedicated their hours and time in playing Michael's music. They give enormous tributes to the Prince of Pop every hour.
.................

Today, my friend George, told me that Farrah Fawcett also passed away after battling cancer for so many years. He told me that she also passed away yesterday, a Thursday, in Los Angeles, CA leaving her wonderful family with great sadness.

Farrah, was also a well-known Hollywood icon, known for her blonde feathered hair (which was greatly imitated during her prime days) and her unforgettable role in the movie "Charlie's Angel". She is also an advocate of a lot of women who were victims of domestic violence. And she has helped a lot of people and families who she inspired a lot.
....................

Today, while I was reviewing my DVR for the show "So You Think You Can Dance" I was also surprised that another Hollywood icon died yesterday as being told by Nigel Lythgow, the show's producer, in the opening remarks before the show starts. It was also touching to watch it because they also gave tribute to both Jacko and Farrah that night along with Ed McMahon who also died yesterday.

Ed McMahon was one of the Holloywood icon who also was very influential in the discovery of todays stars in the former defunct show "The Star Search". And for sure these stars like Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Justin Timberlake, and a lot of comic celebrities or comedians were so thankful to him and they were giving him much needed tributes for his effect on them.
.......................

So guys for this month the world was shocked with all this death news. And all these three icons have their own legacy to leave to us.

Death is a very sad news, but a time to remember all the person's good memories. Like Michael, Farrah, and Ed; their legacy will live on forever.

We all know that death is not an end but a beginning of a new life and the remembrance of their good deeds while they were living here on this earth.

We all know that our life in this world is just temporary and we have to give meaning to it so that people can remember us in a good way. In that our purpose here on earth will be remembered meaningfully and our legacy will remain till the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment