Saturday, June 20, 2009

Got Hooked With OTS

It's 3 am on a wee hours this Saturday morning and I was still up. I just couldn't sleep........

I am off yesterday, and right now I have been following my body clock. I used to work graveyard shift and that explains why I'm still up right now. I had a long sleep yesterday afternoon that is why sleep is kinda evading me until now.

I have nothing to do so I decided to surf and scour YouTube for some cool sounds. I heard from a friend that OTS is where I can find some good music.

OTS means "one-time-sessions". That means that the song was being composed or covered in only one sitting without rehearsing or practicing it. That means that the person who does the song is pretty much adept in singing or just mere experimenting. And most of the songs are pretty much raw and realistic.

As I kept clicking for the nice one-time-session video I accidentally opened this video by the guy named Gabe Bondoc. (I think he is Filipino.) Most of his videos were been uploaded/downloaded a hundred thousand times. Man he is a hit.......

He has some nice compositions and excellent song covers. The one cover I like most from his collections were "Chasing Pavements" by Adele (it is a really sick rendition, I got goosebumps), "Viva La Vida" by Coldplay (a very funny original cover), "Burning Up" by Jonas Brothers (which is far more better than Jonas Brothers), "I Kissed a Girl" by Katy Perry (which he made as a man song rather than Katy Perry-ish), "After Tonight" by Justin Nozuka (a very mellow version compared to the original), "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz (which is a bouncy and fun song)and many more.

Gabe, is a very charismatic singer. His voice can be compared to an angel singing up high in the heavens. He is a consummate guitarist. A virtuoso in that aspect. He held his guitar excellently and will lull you to cloud nine. He sang his cover songs superbly and claims it as his own. Very soothing voice and I just can't get enough.

I kept listening to it until I feel tired and soporific. I even included some of the clips here in my blogspot to share it to all of you who happened to scan my blogs. You'll be the judge if you like it and if you do just scour his videos on YouTube if you like. Just click his name or OTS then voila you can have a variety of his creations and covered songs. Just chose what you like or may be experiment some of it. I guarantee you, you will never regret listening to it like what I did.

Well, I have to make a blog of it because this is a memorable discovery that I did. Actually I went to YouTube to listen for Charice, Mark Mejia, and Albert Posis. Then I stumbled on this one and I liked it a lot. Two-thumbs-up!!! (and if I'll include my two big toes I'll probably do it, hehehe.)

Enjoy and have a good time. It's awesome, amazing, delusional, magnificent, and everything grandiose you can think of. Now I'm getting hooked and at the same time go cuckoo at it. A good way of passing time err wasting time may be. Thanks for YouTube for helping me find my own niche of music and past time. Hahaha.....

It was indeed fun and enjoyable! I can't help looking for more....

No comments:

Post a Comment