Friday, February 26, 2021

Visiting The Blossom Trail

This is my long time desire and I just accomplished it. I've been planning to do it for several years but it seems that I always missed it each year. But this time I was on time and I witnessed the most stunning blossoms I've ever seen.

I went to Sanger, California to see the "Blossom Trails". It is an array of orchards in bloom. Orchard consists of nectarines, peaches, almonds, apricots, etc. And they all bloom at this time of the year which gave the area a full bloom of white and pink flowers. They only last for three weeks and they usually occur at the last week of February till the middle of March.

I drove about more than three hours going to Fresno, California just to see this place. It was a smooth drive and was uneventful. The highway was not that traffic and the drive was just effortless and not boring at all. So many sceneries to see and also some good music to listen to. I was driving alone but I was never bored at all.

When I arrived at Selma and Sanger I exited at Clovis Street then checked the map and started the "Blossom Trail". I started at Central Ave. then North Street then Adam Street then McCall Ave. then Academy Blvd passing the town of Sanger.

Sanger is a quaint town and it was very serene there. It reminded me of the towns in Texas where I came before. It doesn't even feel like country to me. The Centerville was just lined with few establishment but they were all close at this time due to the pandemic.

I passed by some orchards with white blooms. There were a lot of them actually and I took some pictures of those few orchards. I just took a selfie since I don't have a cameraman with me. The pink orchards were still budding and it seems that I came early. But I saw some few pink orchards in full bloom.

As what I've read the white blooms were the apricots and nectarines while the pink blooms were the almonds. Sanger is an agricultural town as evident by the scattered orchards around town. The trail covers a vast area and it is a long drive if you circle it around and it consist of around 60 plus miles or roughly an hour slow drive, sightseeing in your car.

I'm glad I went there and at last I fulfilled my desire to see the blooms in person. So much planning to do and at last I caught it just in time for them to fall off from the tree branch.

One more amusing thing  that happened is that when I was looking for my magnetic charger that feel off my driver seat I was honked by a guy in a pick-up truck. He asked me if I am okay and I told him that I am okay and then continued to look for my charger. He took of and then made a U-turn and parked.

He asked me if I needed help and I just noticed that he had a gun in his right side. I didn't realized he was a cop. Hahaha. He asked me for my driver's license which I willingly gave it to him. He asked me what I am doing and I told him I've been looking for my magnetic charger that fell off under my seat. I showed him what the charger looks like.

He then told me to continue looking for it while he's checking my ID at the police station where he radioed from his truck. Then after a few moments later he got back and handed back my driver's license. He then told me in a flat affect that I am parking in a private property and showed me more routes for the Blossom Trail.

Whew...… that was close to being served a ticket and good thing the cop was very nice and polite. And that's it.... I wish next year I could be back again and see both pink and white blooms at the same time. So long!

No comments:

Post a Comment