Saturday, February 27, 2021

Mama Bea's Emotional Ordeal

I was depressed when I know what happened to Mama Bea's family. I was off for two days and when I came back to work I was told that two of her family had died. I don't know what happened but this news what very sad to me.

Mama Bea was my friend at work and already considered her as my adapted mom at work. We were so close to each other. We talked about our families and our experiences, our houses and what we love to do in general. I can share my problems to her and she can give me advises. We cliqued real good like a super glue. Many of our co-workers envied our closeness because I myself is really hard to please at work because of my stern attitude.

Mama Bea was different. We can joke at each other and that will make our night at work. I helped her with her assignments and she was there as well when I am busy. We complement each other that's why we were being envied. I don't know why I am so fond of her, same thing with her. She brings me cooked food from her country (which is Nigeria) and I liked it.

But this sad news was a bad news. I was also devastated about it. I texted her and gave her strength enough for her to strengthen herself for this sad ordeal. I hinted her some inspirational stories from the Bible which is pertinent to her situation right now. She texted me back that she is okay and was devastated but she never blamed God. She just believes that life is being unfair with her. Indeed... I couldn't say more than this.

Grief is a very sensitive emotional experience and it has to go to some stages. I told her to vent out her feelings if she is angry. It's just natural to have felt that way especially at this situation. Each one of us has to go through those stages differently. Some may take it longer to get over it some shorter. It just depends of your coping mechanisms to have survived the roller-coaster of emotions.

What I'd like to share her was the story of Job in the Bible. I told her that God had took everything from Job, stripped him of his dignity and standing yet Job did not rebuke God but instead thanked Him for whatever he had  and kept being humble with God. All his children and wife had also died and this happened for three generations yet Job did not complain instead had praised Him of his glory. In the end Job had live longer and survive happily with his progressive family lineage.

This proves that God has always a reason why things had happened in our lives and that he will reveal to us the answers of our unending question of "why these things had happened to me?" sentences. Let us allow God to steer our lives and always appreciate what he had given us and be grateful for it. And this also proves that material things and physical being will be left on earth when we're gone.

I hope Mama Bea is okay at this time. I really missed her and I have to offer her prayers for her loss for the time being. I couldn't do anything but this. I hope she can go normally with her grief and that she will be sane as she go along the different stages of grief. Will always follow-up on her. Please pray for Mama Bea!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment