Saturday, October 10, 2020

Eating Out At Tesse

 "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach." This is the usual lines that I have heard to woe a guy. But for this blog, the one that I am trying to impress is the birthday boy, my cousin Val. 

Months ago, I planned to treat him for an outdoor dinner at Tesse Restaurant for his birthday, so I set the reservation on September 27, a day before his birthday. Tesse is located between Sundet Blvd. and La Cienega Blvd. A usual hub for weekend partygoers.

We met in front of the restaurant. The birthday boy wears a matching animal skin design on his top and  sliders. He looked trendy and elegant. I wore a white top with blue blossoms which looks like a porcelain on me layered with a gray checkered blazer. We both look dashing that night.

The restaurant was just simple but there were a lot of customers at the outdoor patio. Inside was exquisite. The dining area was posh and the big wine cellar on the west side was amazing. All in all Tesse was fabulous.

We ordered the burrata salad with figs and an array of pates and bread for appetizer. The burrata was soo good and the pate was just satisfactory. Then for the entrée Val ordered the lemon salmon and I ordered the Jidori chicken. Both entrée were sooo good. We also drank white wine from Oregon which was perfect with our entrée. When we finished the entrée Val was still hungry so I recommend to him to order the grilled branzino which he liked the most and was super perfect with the wine that we're drinking, so he ordered one more glass of the wine to pair up with the branzino. We were full after that. For the dessert we ordered the baked peach with light cream and whole pistachios. It was heaven....  we don't want to leave.

At least I made Val happy for his birthday. It was the best dinner we had together. Can't wait for another one for us to enjoy such sumptuous food like this. Despite paying enormously at least we've enjoyed the food that we ate and we have time to see each other and talk to each other despite of the pandemic.

Next dinner will be on my birthday at Bavel Restaurant in downtown LA. We already made reservations for it takes time to make it. Can't wait for it..... and I am very excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment