Saturday, May 21, 2016

Jason Raize And Nick Afoa

Well, on Broadway side my fetish is always on the rise. Just opened Facebook and saw the face of a Samoan. His name is Nick Afoa and was now the new face of Simba in a 10 year reprised musical of the Lion King. I mean I like Lion King from the movie, the cartoon, to the stage play, I go crazy with it. I grew up with Hakuna Matata themes as what you know.

I read and watched his bio and I've read that he was a rugby player and was part of the team that won the World Cup in 2014 for Australia. Now injured and retired he didn't lose hope but turned to his other talent which is singing. Last year he auditioned in London for the Simba role and was chosen among the 400 people who auditioned. His story was a very inspiring story and now he is blessed with a much higher responsibility to himself and the ensemble.

Whereas, Jason Raize was the first Simba who played in the Broadway and won an award. His story was also a very inspiring story and I respect both people for standing and rising to the occasion. Jason's story was the saddest one for me. Growing up as a gay person forsaken by his father Jason's story success was tainted with depression and a lot of downhill and downstreams. He died eventually at a young age and was forever gone.

But I love both people with their roles and I will forever not forget the talents that they've shared to us. Thank you guys. Will do more research later and reprise this article. Thank you for your patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment