Friday, January 8, 2016

A Very Stinky Experience

I have a really funny experience the other day that I can't help to share with you guys. It was quite a funny-unforgettable memory and maybe considered a lesson infused experience. I just can't help but smile every time I remember it. It was so hilarious that I cannot stop clicking my tongue or shook my head several times. Hahahaha.

Okay, it was a dark-chilly-stormy morning that day in Los Angeles, and it was really really cold and windy as well. I left the apartment extremely shivering and covered in layers on that still dark and rainy morning. I breezed through the backyard to run to my car because of the pouring rain and started the engine. After that I drove to work in a still dark morning at 0610H. It was a very scary drive but I took caution because of the wet and slippery road.

I managed to drive through the rain despite it was foggy in my car. The visibility in my car was 70% and I can see the steam coming out of my body despite of the layers of jackets I wore. When all of sudden I smelled a very distinct and stinky odor. I was certain that I took a shower that morning but it seems that it smells like poop inside my car. But then it went away for a while until I totally forgot about it on the way until I arrive at work.

I started my day at work making coffee for myself then read all the endorsements at the communication books then started to breeze through the physician orders for the new admissions the previous day. Looking at the two admissions from yesterday, I had calculated and approximated that I will be having a very very busy day.

I already sat down on the black leather chair in front of the nurse's station and had positioned myself comfortably in front of the computer then all of a sudden I smelled that very distinct and stinky odor again that I had encountered earlier in my car. It seems that it was still at the tip of my nose. Because of the bulk of my computer work today I just decided to brush it off but still I can't help thinking that I took a shower today, had changed my undies, sprayed some Chanel Sports cologne, as well as put on a fresh and newly laundered scrubs.

But the question is where in the heck that stinky smell came from. I really don't have any idea that time. I retraced all the possible things that had any ties with it but couldn't come up with anything. It was really frustrating and very disappointing not because I cannot find it but because I have to suffer smelling it for the rest of the day. I cannot endure it anymore.

I did some charts to clarify some MD orders, sat and attended at the clinical meeting, patiently sat down with the bosses at the IDT meeting and listened to their un-endless rant about patient care, helped some charge nurses for their immediate patient issues but still every where I go that stink was still eminent and kept haunting my then troubled mind and confused mind.

Then all of a sudden I realized that maybe I have a skin cancer. I had read before about a skin condition that caused a person to be stinky like a rotten animal. As a nurse I know medically about a symptom claiming that there is a skin condition that cause someone to be stinky. Ohhh no.... too much rationalization it was driving me mad and making me crazy.

At 1300H I have attended the CARE Meeting and still I can smell it. After the meeting I went back to the nurse's station and did some more computer stuff and when I unconsciously crossed my left leg over my right leg, there I can really smell that stinky odor in full. Like it was spread in front of my nose and smelled it face-to-face. When I looked at my left tennis shoe I saw at the bottom of it was a hefty smear of mushy yellow dog shit stubbornly sticking at the sole.

Hahaha.... that's why the stink won't left me all day, it was just there at the bottom of my shoe. Maybe I stepped a heap of dog poop at my apartment's backyard while I was running to my car and had obviously did noticed and knew about it. Yikes! It took me all day to discover it, as well as suffer the disgusting smell as it followed me every where I go. Hahaha.

That is why I've been haunted by the smell all day. Hahaha. What a damn thing to happen. It didn't even crossed my mind to check my shoes. It was really an unforgivable thing to ponder. Hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment