Friday, November 27, 2015

Post Vacay Blog

Yeah, I'm back now in the US of A after a forty-five days of scouring, basking, and enjoying in the country. Although it was still rainy season there, I didn't regret going home and enjoyed most of the beautiful beaches there. I had a blast!

The first leg of my vacation was spent in Mexico (see previous blog) where I went to Guadalajara, Leon, Tequila, Guanajuato, Oaxaca, and Cancun. I had a blast there and it was worth it. I could never ask for more but to go back there sooner if my time permits.

The second leg was been spent to the Philippines where I have to do some personal business and also meet some important friends and most especially to spend my 46-year-old birthday alone in a very pristine and uninhabited beach island. The most memorable and unforgettable birthday I've ever had. I was fortunate.

I didn't have that much expectations when I went home. All I wanted is to finish off the business and travel.

The first week was kinda rainy and there was a typhoon at that time which had devastated the northern part of the country. I lost three days of my vacation staying at the apartment in Ermita. At least I had rested well that time because I still had a jetlag that that time.

When the typhoon had abated I went to Palawan to explore the world's number island. It didn't disappoint me actually.

A day before my birthday I went to Puerto Princesa to see the underground river. The famous and longest subterranean river in the world. I think Palawan has it all due to it's strategic place on the western part of the country east of China sea.

The tour at the underground river was pretty much well because I got to see the rock formations inside the cave and also rode a small boat to see them inside. There were a lot of people who wanted to see it that's why the tour lasted for a day.

That night, I boarded a van going to El Nido up north. The ride was six hours but it was worth it. I arrived at El Nido close to midnight that time and I was very very tired.

The next morning I signed up for the island hopping. It was my birthday that time and it was just timely because the islands that I saw were stunning and the beaches were very pristine, virgin, and quiet. It was just conducive to what I really wanted. To celebrate my birthday peacefully and nothing else.

I think this trip had made me contemplate who I really am and had made me realized that I needed to recharge myself alone away from the stresses of the world and just enjoy and bask at the beauty of nature especially in El Nido, Palawan.

I vowed myself to go back next year and am planning to go to Coron, Palawan which I've heard was also very promising compared to El Nido. Can't wait for it to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment