Thursday, September 3, 2015

Of Boulders And Hindrances

This morning on my way to work, I felt that I have some situations that had delayed me to go to work. I literally considered them as some mitigating circumstances that I truly believed had hindered me or delaying me to come to work. I don't know if it is just a coincidence or mere bad luck but I am a very fateful person and everything that had happened in the past has their own purpose.

First of, I woke up late this morning. This means that it was intended for me to get up late because I have to experience several dilemmas in series after that. It was an unpredictable situation. I myself wasn't aware of it until I noticed that in had appeared in series.

I was calm at first and then gradually got irritated because in my haste all of them cropped up and then I went to work late. On my way out of the house, there were garbage containers lining up the streets because it was garbage day. I carefully eased out of the street until I reach the end at Wilton Blvd.

At Wilton, I was greeted by the one lane traffic which had really delayed me. Imagine driving on a tight traffic from Lemon Grove to Wilshire Blvd. It was really irritating. Oh well, what could you do it was early morning rush hour. Then when I was making a left on Crenshaw Blvd. even the two-lane street was even tighter. It made me a long way to reach Interstate 10.

When I made a right on Interstate 10, to my surprise, the freeway was really a tightrope. Waaah..... I was really devastated because several cars had overtaken me. When I made an exit at La Brea South it was even a bottleneck. I was really pissed off and I am not really expecting it.

Every time I stopped, the red light was even longer and there were pedestrians and jaywalkers hurriedly crossing the streets as if trying to irritate me more. I held my cool because I don't want my day to be ruined by this nuisance. Although it irked me sometimes but what could I do? I just have to be patient. Early or late I will still reach my destination. End of the story.

There were also street constructions that had popped up elsewhere. I don't know they just mushroomed everywhere. They weren't there yesterday when I passed there. The more it agitated me. The more I got delayed or late. I felt somehow that the heavens were not on me today. Should I woke up early I should have incurred all this hindrances. That's just my fateful belief and please don't blame me for being one. Hehehe.

Alas, more had came out along the way that I couldn't count and remember them anymore but the only one that really really stuck in my mind was that chocolate colored 2014 Mustang that cut me off at La Tijera Blvd. I almost swerved my car to the curve. It had really made me nervous that time that I screamed the name of Jesus twice. What an idiot driver? Driving a flashy car and being an idiot does not match up I guess. So pathetic!

Well, every thing that happened every second has a meaning be it positive or negative. The bottom line is, being patient so they say is a virtue. And I guess I need one of those. But oh well, I can still hold my temper and if it's full I guess it's time to scrape it and burst like a volcano. Got me?

No comments:

Post a Comment