Sunday, June 7, 2015

One-Eyed

I'm suffering right now from having only one vision. My right eye started to swell up two days ago on the inner canthus near the tear duct, anteriorly I guess. It looks like a stye, or a boil, or a cellulitis, or a combination of all, I don't know.

It's really difficult to work with this, especially when I am wearing sunglasses at work. People may wonder why I am wearing a brown Rayban sunglasses with gold rim. They might be thinking I'm showing it off, If they only knew what's behind those dark glasses.

Some of my co-workers had approached me why and then I told them why. Some were just flabbergasted about it some will say an audible OMG, and some will just show their empathy how hard it is to work with one eye. And I appreciated the sentiments.

For real, it was really hard to work like this but I have to swallow the embarrassments and the suspicion that I am just showing it off and just trying to be cool per se.

The bump in the inner canthus was now apparent, protruding, and hard. It looks like a pus-filled sac had started to develop there and that the recovery from it might be endless and painful I guess.

I will still have to swallow the humiliation and that I will still wear the most hated glasses at work. I may say the most notorious glasses everybody had seen. Yeah, it was embarrassing but if it's of use I have to stick to it until I am healed.

I really don't have any idea why I am prone to this eruptions sometimes. I remember in the pasts that I have eruptions in my buttocks and they were everywhere like boils. I am lucky right now that it was only one but of all places in the inner portion of my external eye.

I hope it's not opportunistic infections and that it can affect mu immune system. I really dreaded the fact that it will affect my immune system.

Well, being one-eyed had it's own risks and benefits yet right now it was a negative. But I am very hopeful that I can see better again. That's life I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment