Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Patching The Rift

Last Monday, I was wrapping up my shift when my CNA called me from the hallway that I have a phone call in line 1. When I pressed line 1 it was cut-off. I asked the CNA what happened and she said she must have pressed the wrong button to transfer the call. So I was thinking the person who just called will call back if it is very important.

Within two minutes she called back and the person was my DON screaming on the other line asking why she was put on hold for a long time. I told her that the CNA had picked up her initial call at the hallway and he called me in Station 1 that I have a call in line 1. Whe I pressed line 1 she was not there and I told her that the CNA had pressed the wrong button as I what I've asked her.

She told me condescendingly to inservice the CNA and to demonstrate to her how to transfer the call. I told her that I did demonstrated it to her last time but she must have forgotten about it. When I answered her that she get easily irritated and shouted on me on the phone, "Well, you have to do it again if you can."

Wait a minute, is this how a DON should suppose to behave? I thought DONs are the most understandable persons in the whole world. I mean if she has issues early in the morning she should have set that aside and just proceed to talk to me in a calm manner. I don't deal with people who are screaming on the phone early in the morning.

What should you expect me to do? Of course, I have to calmly ask her why is she shouting on me on the phone? I told her it's not my fault if the line was cut-off why rant at me on this very early morning? In the first place you were condescending, blaming, and demanding. I don't get it. I have a respect for you because you're my DON but now no more because of your unprofessionalism.

She was probably furious because I cited her for her behavior and she told me that I am not veyr receptive at her commands. Hahahaha..... does she know what she was talking about? So she told me that we need to sit down and she wanted to talk to me personally because of my attitude. And I am the one now who has attitude? Can you believe that?

I was threatene dso I called my lawyer and asked some advice. My lawyer told me to give my administrator a call if she can sit down between us to have our rifts patched up (actually I didn't even know that we have a rift) but for everybody's peace of mind this is the best thing to do.

Yesterday, we were at the adminstrator's office and I presented what had happened. I noticed that the administrator had already knew about what happened because the way she talks she presented me an opposite scenario of the problem. I told her that it was the other side of the story (my DONs side) and I explained my side.

Having understood what happened, maintaining to be fair, she told us to be professional in commuicating with each other and that maintain harmony together. Then she made us a pact that we will do it and that we have to patch up our differences and move on. I told her and my DON that to me it doesn't matter because past is past and I don't dwell on them anymore. I just move forward and doesn't even dwell on those things that had happened anymore. I am not a bitter person and I am a peace loving person.

I shook my DONs hand and apologized to her (the right thing to do I guess) and asked her to start over again. Hopefully, this thing won't happen again in the future and that my DON will be more professional and a totally new person again. That, we will watch out!

No comments:

Post a Comment