Thursday, September 18, 2014

Meeting Batch 47B In Royalwood

Started my new rotation with a new batch at Royalwood Care Center in Torrance, California. I admit, I was a totally new instructor to this group because I acted firm and straightforward to them. I laid out my expectations (which is the right thing to do) for them and they were kind of shock about my own rules.

I know it was too much for them, but I wanted them to start right now rather than blaming themselves for not learning better in their clinical rotations. This group is really a challenging group for me because I heard they were always question and challenge their previous instructor. They were the complainers and to that just doesn't work because if I wanted them to do their requirements they need to do it and pass it on time.

I felt dome jitters initially in meeting them but I am happy that they were all very receptive and able to understand my expectations. They were very ecstatic because I am the only instructor that made them to listen and do things. And I told them to better do it now than later. And now that they know the importance of doing their stuff then my problem now is how to make them assimilate and comprehend the procedures that they do.

I think I maybe have a hard time guiding them at first but I am patient to teach them the right way. I saw some things that they do that were not contextually practiced and I think they did it as a habit already and it is hard to bend but my job right now is how to make them try to get rid of those practices that were not acceptable in the context of nursing. I felt like I have a challenge on this part. Please Lord help me.

Most definitely, I have to gear my goals towards getting them use to a routine that will slowly get them adapted based on the context of nursing and then I will gradually insert some critical thinking situations for them to make decisions on their own. It will be a challenge also because some of them were kinda slow to understand and grasps the realm and scope of their practice yet I know time will eventually be on their side.

Teaching mature students is really a big face-off because of the fact that these students were older adults and egoistic it is a hard tasks to make them comply for my assignments given to them. Judging that they're adult they should be more responsible in doing the tasks being given to them but it seems that they always resist it.

As an instructor, I am quite challenged yet pumped up to teach them because they were just my bug brothers and sisters that I should have and that I wanted us to work and learn with each other. Hopefully, giving them the impression of a really and truly dedicated as well as professional instructor will give them the idea that I am really committed to help them learn and also pass the licensed vocational nursing program.

Hopefully, my rotation with them will be more fruitful and deserving to be successful. I am here to teach them what they needed to learn in order for them to pass their NCLEX exams and I hope they will be more receptive to learn and process every information that they have learned in the clinical settings. Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment