Saturday, August 9, 2014

Reflections Of An Amateur Traveler

Getting ready for my incoming vacation is a mix feelings of anticipation, excitement, and anxiety. Things are just needed to be prepared to avoid the rush at the last minute. I myself is a very organized person so I needed to get ready every thing that I need before the big day comes and embark on my travels. I always have a habit of triple checking every thing before I leave, so preparing for this vacation is a big deal for me.

Firstly, I don't want to bring things that are unnecessary and that I don't really need to wear and use. It will save me space, money, and time as well. That's why preparing early is very essential and important. I just don't want that my previous mistakes in preparing for a big trip like this will be repeated again an dthen regret about it later. I already had a big lesson from those experiences I've had before and I don't want it to happen again and ruin my excitement.

For this travel I just wanted to travel light because some airlines nowadays were charging so much for the baggages. It is not really necessary to bring a lot of stuff because it can also make you preoccupied where to leave them when you needed to check out of the hotel. And also, I don't want to get stuck in the airport just for the customs to devilishly rummage the contents of my luggage. I've had had some terrifying experiences before about it, so I don't want to experience those again.

Hopefuly this trip will be more fun and educational at the same time. I just can't wait for it to happen. I just wanted to hasten the time right now just to escape from the stress aand demands of work as well as enjoy myself with the planned trips and at the same time have fun in traveling and cadidly meet some new friends. That's the purpose of traveling ..... to meet and treasure new found friends with respect and dignity as well as enjoy without the worries of work leaving every thing behind my back just for a while.

This will be the third time I went to Paris and my ultimate goal this time is to climb the famous symbol of France, the majestic Eiffel Tower, visit the second largest museum in Paris, the Musee de Ornay to see and believe Rodin's art works in person, and pay homage at the tomb of Napoleon Bonaparte in the most renowned the Pantheon. I've been to Paris twice before but I never climbed the towering Eiffel Tower yet, so this time, on my third visit, I decided to do it and have a spectacular 360 degree view from the top. Another thing that attracts me about Paris was the arts so this time I wanted to see Rodin's famous sculpture masterpiece "The Thinker." I cannot wait to see it! I am very excited about this trip.

Plan is, I will cross borders so it will be more exciting. Me and my friend planned to go to Germany, Brussels, London, Netherlands, Luxembourg, and of course South France. I will be there for a little more than twenty days. Plenty of days to travel and have fun and enjoy the beauty of each place that we will visit. Hopefully, it will be a very exciting and promising vacation. I cannot wait to do it. Can't wait to see and met ny dear friend as well. So pumped up to do it despite it's still two more months to happen.

Another goal that I needed to accomplish on this trip is to tour around France and the neighboring countries in search of a very nice, majestic, famous, and grandiose churches of France. Churches like the ones in Rheims, Strassbourg, Cologne, Bonn, Maastricht, and Luxembourg. A very ambitious trip but who knows we can actually realize and fulfill it. It entails a lot of walking and traveling so it is very apt for me who now is used of running and exercising to trim my weight. That's why I cannot really wait for it to happen. Excitement is the best surprise of all. Hope it won't ruin the trip.

I am now polishing my French just in time before I leave. I just don't want to ruin my trip not learning it because in my past experiences French people could be mean if you don't try to speak their language. I personnally experienced it and I don't want that repeated again either. So far, reviewing all the basics is all I need to know and I will be okay. Sometimes my friend does all the talk and I do all the nonverbal actions like nodding and smiling at the other party. Hahaha. Pretty more convenient, huh.

This trip includes four countries but I feel the vibes already. I just can't imagine how to do them but God will always be with us. This is an insane plan but I am confident that we can do it. Thankfully, I needed to express my gratitude to you all for your incessant follow through and hopefully I will hav etime to make a very imaginative and creative blogs for you to follow me. I promise that I will blog more efficiently thi stime. Cross my heart...... Have a nice day every one! Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment