Saturday, April 12, 2014

T'was A Not So Wonderful Day

Last Wednesday we were suppose to convene at Burbank Rehabilitation Fcaility with Batch 45A but we were not able to pass meds or do patient care because the DSD coordinator did not received the student's health requirements. I mean we are trying to use the facility without even giving them courtesy to send all the student's health requirements, which is the first thing a sane school adminstrator do. This will entail endangering the facility for letting us work without the health requirements.

This is how bad the situation was because the school should have the responsibility to mail it ahead of time (like two weeks before at least) but the school did not comply and always prepare it to the last minute. It was ruining our goals and plans and honestly it really sucks having done that. How I wished I went to school last Tuesday to pick up the healthrequirements, but I opted not to because I was off that day and besides the school doesn't pay for my mileage and gas. I was also thinking that the secretary, Maria P., had handed the papers to one of the students to bring it to the clinical site.

I was also angry at the DON because she told me that it should be my priority to pick-up the papers and I told her that it was my off day last Tuesday and besides the school does not pay me for my mileage and gas in going to school from Pasadena to Torrance which is at least more than one-and-a-half-hour drive not considering the traffic as well. I was super furious at her telling me that. How dare she.

But anyways, everything was been handled masterfully well after some kind and courteous explanations with the DSD coordinator. Good.... The coordinator had told us to just wait patiently while she was waiting for all the papers to be faxed by the secretary and that she will okay our pass once she got them all. We waited until noontime and then we got the confirmation that we can work there ultimately.

It was a long wait but we were so patient. While waiting for the papers she popped a video for us to watch about elderly dementia and the students watched it intently. They have to whether they like it or not. And then after the movie I told them to make a complete nursing care plan about dementia and then I went to check their work which was satisfactorily done by each of them.

We kept waiting an dwaiting until noon but to no avail yet so I told them to have lunch first and then come back at 1300H to wait for the verdict. When they came back after lunch the DSD coordinator had spoke to the students welcoming each one of them to the facility and then she toured thema round the building and brought them to the unit where they will be working.

They did their search and find and then we convene at the patio and discussed what we had experienced for the day and then discussed as well our plans for the next day. It was a long day that Wednesday and I learned a lesson not to trust the school about handling student's requirements while being rotated on another facility of the first day of clinical. I am so upset but yet I survived the day. To hell with the unprofessional people at school.

I just couldn't stand seeing plastic people at school that is why I don't want to go there and mingle with them. Have I not like teaching a lot I should have been gone there long time ago. But since teaching students is my passion I just trie dto ignore the matter-of-fact relationship by my fellow instructors. I mean they were masters and Phd's yet their attitude was so extreme from being a professional. I just can't stand the stench of it everytime I set foot on the school's premises.

Oh well, I just don't care about them either. I am just doing my job and that to teach these students passionately. Honestly, I am the only one who is always getting involve with my student's affairs and that they liked me so much. Can't complain either but with the management of the school. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment