Saturday, April 12, 2014

Those Pruritic Experience

Well, tonight I am here at work feeling very itchy all over. I was been itchy since the previous days and I was just trying to hold it stoically. I just don't want to take some Benadryl and risk being sleepy at work. But tonight I just can't tolerate it anymore so I decided to just take the minimum dose and see what will happen next.

I went to visit my long time teacher friend from school last week to check out her house because she mentioned to me the last time we saw each other that she was voluntarily renting one of the rooms in her house. She wanted me to check it out so I went last week to check it out. It was a pretty much decent room and I might probably taking it. But I told her that I will decide once I came back from my vacation in May. Preferably if not by June she will know of my decision.

While we were talking she told me that she was itchy because her niece had given her this whitening acid soap and that it made her itch all over after she had used the soap to help her whiten her skin. Well, I told her that it pays you a lot of risk when vanity is at stake, thus the rigors of having the itchiness. She had told me that she was using Hydrocortisone cream to at least cure the pruritus and then she asked me if she can give the reamaining soaps to me. She still has ten bars of soap so I told her that I can have it if she doesn't like it.

I've had used some whitening soaps before and I don't have any severe adverse reactions. So thinking that this was also the same as the previous soaps I've been using I took it since it was magnanimously free. The next couple days I started to use the soap and had never had any reactions yet. And then the following week I started to be scratching on my covered areas like the chest and the back and I totally ignored it inadvertently brushing the idea that it was probably from the soap.

Then the following days and the following consecutive days the pruritus had greatly intensified. There was no obvious redness nor any skin elevations but just the nagging itchiness. It was that week also that I had started a new medication for my gout that my primary doctor had newly prescribed me so I was just thinking that it was probably a slight reaction to the new medication. Not until today that I couldn't tolerate the itchiness then I finally and personally accepted that it was maybe the soap.

Even though I showered everyday still the itch was constantly nagging me so I decided to stop using the soap and scourged my entire body well with a moisturizer soap to remove some remnants of the acid soap on my skin, if there's still any. And then right after that the itch had gradually waned down a little bit. I also applied some Hydrocortisone cream to help lessen the pruritus and then tonight at work I had decided to take a low dose Benadryl to even help stop the nagging itching. Hope these interventions will temporarily work.

Haist.... see what hassle it had made? Have I known I will have this kind of dilemma I shouldn't have took those ten bars of acid whitening soap from my friend in the first place. Next time, never again. It was a horrible experience and I, as a stoical person, had patiently endured several itching days brushing of the idea that it wasn't the soap who had caused this abrupt suffering. Now I had conformed to myself, with what I am experiencing, and having recalled those previous itchy days I am now positive that it was the acid soap who was the culprit.

It was funny though that I had constantly kept denying that it was the soap who had caused all these symptoms maybe because I am really dying to have a fair white complexion. Hahaha. It was just a thought I mean .... but honestly, with those horrifying terrible itchy days I can't even think any at all but to get rid of those itchy feelings. Bwahahaha. Vanity had paid it all!

At least right now, it had dawned to me that it was finally the soap who was the culprit and that I had came to my entire senses to accept the fact what really had caused those pruritic experiences. And that I am trying to bury at the back of my head and pretend that it never happened. Not a very nice experience at all, I may tell ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment