Sunday, March 2, 2014

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

This years Oscar's Award had gone unnoticed. I don't know. Maybe because it's not a hype nowadays because of the just recently concluded Winter Olympics. The storm in the southland had also probably contributed to the lack of publicity of the said event. Or maybe it was just me who nowadays doesn't pay attention anymore to Hollywood movies because of my hectic skeds. Whatever the reasons are I don't know but I am glad that I happen to passed by at one of the room of my patient and saw the program on TV and mumbled to myself, "Oh, I didn't know it's Oscar's Night Awards already?"

I am working tonight and as usual I haven't watched the Academy Awards. I didn't even recorded it in my DVR because Ihave no idea it was already Oscar's week. Haven't I forgotten about it? Obviously, I guess. Haven't I've been to Hollywood Avenue two days ago and had shopped at the Highland Mall at the Express shop? Yes. And I saw the streets was been closed because they have to install the red carpet near the Dolby Theater despite of the pouring rain. (Anyway, they build a makeshift tent round the area to protect the just installe dred carpet from the rain sans the flood.)

Well, when I got to work I saw the television airing the show and Ellen Degeneres was the host this year. I took my supervisor's report and then made a brief round then made some assignments and then opened the Yahoo.com and checked for the partial results. As of this time I saw some of the partial winners including Gravity for the Best in Soundtrack; Jared Leto for Best Supporting Actor; and Lupita N. for Best Supporting Actress as well as Frozen for the Best Animation and Best Song (was nominated for the two categories only and had won both as well).

The show was still ongoing and more results coming out soon. I also saw some of the short film winners on the article and some other minor awards. I then closed the site and continued my work. I will check the rest of the results later. But anyway, another year had past and another set of winners for this year's Academy Awards. And congratulations to the winners. Your win will be written down the annals of motion picture awards and Hollywood history. Glad I lived in the city of entertainment and was been updated with the news about the city but too bad I have no time to catch up for the chisms and gossips.

With the remnants of the storm that had passed and the culmination of the just recently concluded Winter Olympics the Academy Awards was not even paid attention by some. It was ironic though, but to some was a tradition annually to wait and watch for it. I also did it before but nowadays it was just not impossible because of my hectice life schedules. And this, reminds me to have time or at least spend time for myself to watch it because what is life after all.... too short, isn't it? I think nk I deserve a break and watch a movie this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment