Saturday, March 1, 2014

Puddles Everywhere

It's great now that it is raining here in Southern California. Actually there was a storm forcasted over the weekend and we experienced the heavy rains today. It was very crazy today because the streets were flooded due to poor drainage system and it's been a while that the rain had come forth. Actually almost one year because we've been in drought for the past several months.

This morning was crazy because I saw in Facebook of one of my co-employee who worked today at the facility shwoing that some portion of the building was flooded due to the heavy raining we got today. Good thing the rain had stopped after several hours or else it will be chaos. Water went to the hallways and some of the patient's room because the patio dowsn't have a drainage system. Luckily, the rain had abated and the flooding stopped.

I remember when I was little in the Philippines, we used to play outside in the rain and catched each other. It was a happy memories to reckon with. I was at the clinical rotation this morning at Los Angeles Community Hospital is East Los Angeles and the streets there were flooding because the drainage system of the streets were clogged. I mean what could you expect in Southern California? It seldom rains here and the drainage system were all dried up and unmaintained. By the time the rain started of course it will clogged up and cause massive flooding.

I literally parked on the curb of the street and my car was almost reached nearly by the running water inside. Good thing on eof my students told me that my car was at risk of getting saurated with the water so I immediately move dit on higher grounds. That was close I'm telling you. It was scary as well because the current was really strong. I never saw one of it ever since I lived here in Los Angeles. Fortunately, the rain stopped and the flooding gradually eased down..... whew!

I am glad as well that it rained because it can water all the dried up portin of the mountains in the northern side of California which was heavily affected by the drought that had corraled the state for the past several months. Now, I will probably see the flowers of the sprouting poppies in the meadows of Lancaster this Spring time. Last year, there was no shrubs sprouting because there was not much rain during the Winter season. Definitely this time it will be possible for the poppie sto come out because of the heavy rain. I can't wait to see the flowers covering the vast meadows for the first time this year before I go hom ein the Philippines for a vacation. Yay!

Oh well, I am glad the rain had come and I wish more rain for the following weeks so that my wish to see the amazing poppies will be granted and realized and that I can lay on the vast natural orange colored meadows of the mountains of the San Bernardino mountains enjoying the good view of the sprouting California state flowers. Oh how I cannot wait to take a lot of pictures of it and post it online in my Facebook timeline.

It was a long time wish and now I can see it in view because of the nice gifts of the incoming rain..... to water the dried up meadows of the Southern California mountains. Spring is almost coming and I cannot wait for the surprises it will bring for me as well for the Southern Californians as well. Thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment