Sunday, February 2, 2014

The Hype About The Superbowl

Today is Superbowl Sunday. Americans were all gaga about this event, I don't know why. Maybe because American football is the best. What's the hype about it anyway? Watching those big bulky muscular men running from end-to-end of the enormous court holding an odd shape ball is not my type of game. That's not news to me. I'd rather watch my favorite TV show and shed my tears over a tear-jerking-mind-stimulating conversation lines.

My friends, cousins, and family who grew up here in the US were so hyped up about this event. For them it was very entertaining. But for me, it was a time on a Sunday afternoon to devour pizzas, barbecues, munch on potato flakes, and drink a lot of beer as well as watch the most awaited half time entertainment shows and watch the never before seen advertisements on TV presented by the multi-million companies like pharmaceutical drugs, automobiles, softdrinks, beers, etc. companies. It was a crazy TV commercial presentations. Top notch and million dollar worth. That's how superbowl earn their notoriety, earning million dollar worth commercials from those big time commercial companies.

Since I came here in America I never watched this so called superbowl. I don't have time to waste it for this kind of boring game or sport. It was just a dull game to me just like soccer, tennis, baseball, and basketball. It is not stimulating to me. Sitting in the couch for long hours and waiting for the guys to run across the huge green court to covet or obtain a much anticipated touchdown... well hello it's useless. I'd rather put on my headphone and open a good paperback for me to read amusingly is the best past time. At least I have a story to finish and enjoy. That sounds fun to me.

As what I saw from the news earlier the Seattle Seahawks won over the Denver Broncos with the whopping score of 46-8. It's preposterously crazy! I think this is the most boring game of all the superbowls ever held here on earth. People got extremely frustrated with it. There is no thrill in this kind of game judging with the gap in the score. Even the people who did not watch the game, like me, can conclude that the game is a frustrating one.

The gap of the score was really really obvious. Seahawks had given the Broncos the best run of their life. And the Broncos had gave the Seahawks the easy job they ever had to win the best game. Congrats to the Seattle Seahawks for winning the XXVIII Superbowl and congratulations to the talented Bruno Mars who graced the half time entertainment. I will surley see it in YouTube tomorrow once itis posted there.

Well, I think my cousins who were an avid Broncos fans were disgusted and frustrated about their team's performance. I am extremely balling right now because they spent so much time preparing for this event since yesterday. They even woke up early to prepare, marinate, and cook good barbeques. They even bought huge ice coolers to chill their beers and all of a sudden they were shocked with the Broncos performance this afternoon. Hahaha.... The evil me. Well, that's life baby and there's no denying. Sometimes you have to lose to learn about life. Yeah.

Okay, I have to go to work now. Actually, I am working right now but just can't help myself to blog my amusements about the superbowl hype and to tease my cousins about their lost. Hahaha... super evil me indeed. Ah well, I am a teaser so the more I will irritate them. But anyway, I love them all. I just can't contain my giggles about knowing that the Broncos lost that's why I have to document it here in my blog. Have my cousins read this later on they will finely shred me to pieces when they see me. I am not prepared for that but I will try to hide really really good. Hahaha. Time to play hide and seek..... for me that's the best game ever compared to this Broncos and Seahawks match at the XXVIII Superbowl. Hahaha.

I love you all! Have a blessed Sunday. Be safe always. Take care guys! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment