Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day: The Herald Of Summer

Today is the last day of the long Memorial Day weekend and it seems that summer was just slowly creeping in. I am not thathyped up about it but I am anticipating of thelong hot and sweaty season. I hate summertime just because of the hot weather and the sweaty days ahead. It grossed me out.

But what can I do, I have to succumb myself to it because it had to happen anyway. There are many ways to combat the hot weather though. Number is going to the beach and cool off. Although I have some fear of the water especially the beach, I still long for my younger days where we were basking under the sun swimming at the river near our house all day. Eversince I hurt my inner ear I haven't been to swimming any at all because I am afraid I will hurt my eardrum more. But maybe just tipping my feet and legs on a salty water will probably eased up my fear for the water. As long as I would not wet my inner ear I'll be fine.

Another way of getting rid of the hot weather is to drink more iced water. Whether it maybe lemonade or popsicles it would be fun to melt them in the mouth. Back in my younger days, we were fond of eating "ice candy". I remember selling them in the market every market day during Mondays getting some ample profit from it for my weekday allowance. It was fun.

Also, one way of cooling off during the Summer is driving on a hot day with a full blast aircon in the car. Although gas is very expensive nowadays having the aircon in full blast is a big relief especially when the temperature outside is tipping to over 100 degrees. It is a crazy weather yet cooling off in the car with a full blast aircon will actually cool off somebody's crazy feeling about the hot weather.

Here in Southern California, houses are not built with aircon. Maybe because in the past summer was a little cooler. But nowadays, because of global warming the weather was also affected especially for countries who are situated near the north pole. They've said that the world is already melting. I don't know if it is a hoax but if you think it really, there might be some truth in it.

Imagine a closed container if you place a smoke in it, the smoke that emits carbon dioxide particles makes the inside temperature hot when the air subsides at the bottom. In that case, imagine the container as teh air and the atmosphere as the inner space in the container. Imagine the carbon dioxide that we've created and all of that were accumulated in the atmosphere then when it settle on the ground it makes the environment hotter. That's my analogy of the global warming. Then eventually in the northern part of the world ice will melt faster because of these carbon dioxide and the atmosphere will tend to be hotter especially during Summer when the earth is near the sun.

Memorial Day is a day wherein we commemorate those fallen soldiers who took part during the war and we have to thank them actually for giving their lives during the war for without them we could not feel this peace that we are experiencing right now, or else the earth would still be in chaos. Memorial day tells me about barbecue and family as well as friend gathering. People flip meats and burgers in their grill to enjoy the hot day with their families and friends. It is fun!

Sad for me, because I have to spend my day sleeping today because I have to work tonight. I wish I could also celebrate it with my friends but oh well it's not gonna happen because I have to work. I have to save life and for me this is more important than flipping burgers outside. Yeah, it is ironic that I have to do it but I am imagining that one day I could really enjoy Memorial Day, especially going to a vacation in Washington D.C. and visit all those memorial places devoted to those fallen soldiers of the world wars. It might be a good feat then.

I'm sorry for having to blog for a long time. I knwo I have no excuse for this and I've been laxed about my responsible in blogging. I admit that I am verybusy lately but it is not an enough alibi to not come here and blog off my mind. It's just that I am very tired all the time working five days a week at the school teaching students and making my lesson plans and also working every weekend at the hospital. It's really hard to juggle those times and thus I am very lazy to do my blogs.

Keeping up with my blogs is another toll that really makes my schedule very tight. No matter what happen all my readers were still in my mind all the time so I need to always go back here and do a blog for the sake of my readers. I mean life is tough but it has to happen. My purpose in putting up with this blogsite is to entertain so I think there is no valid reason for me to procrastinate. And to that I greatly apologized for my mistakes. I'm sorry from the bottom of my heart. And happy Memorial Day to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment