Sunday, April 21, 2013

My Flight Back To Los Angeles

April 4, 2013: Thursday*** After several tiring travel days in Mexico and visiting a lot of beautiful and gorgeous places I have to culminate my travels. Honestly, I just don't want my journeys to end so abruptly because there's still a lot of places that I needed to see, peruse, and visit but I have to cut it off because I have to go back to work.

It breaks my heart to end it this way and the seven days that I have been away was been very hectic and loaded with a lot of adventures and fun. It was also tiring but it was worth the effort. I had a blast and I am very happy that I took a leap of faith to have it done. I am proud of myself for such accomplishments. It does implied that a great adventure always had to start with one step and then ends with another.

Now, I have to go back to Los Angeles and tell my friends that I had a blast. I will not forget this life changing journey that I had made. It had made me a better person and at the same time had gave me a lot to learn. I thank my boyfriend for sticking with me all throughout this journey. Now, I have known him fully well and our friendship was been strengthened by our being together for the whole week.

I never seen a very patient man beside me despite of some setbacks we have met during this journey. It was inevitable to have them yet he stood strong and had accompanied me through thick and thin. I am more in love with him for just being him during the entire journey. Him and me were been blended together despite our own differences and that is the most important thing that had happened during the entire journey.

It sad that we have to part again because of our life's choices. Me working and living in Los Angeles and him in Mexico City. Two different world apart bonded by a very special friendship. And we made it work! I am in awe that we stick like glue. Hopefully, our friendship will be forever.

We spend the whole night cuddling each other in the hotel after a tiring drive from Villahermosa. We arrive in Mexico City at around 0900H and after we checked in at the hotel we slept like a log sleeping off our fatigue from our two days adventure in Palenque. It was a very tiring adventure yet we have seen the beauty of Palenque with the Mayan Pyramids and the cascades as the highlights.

After a good nights sleep, I woke up early in the morning packing my things up and try to ready myself that this trip had to end. My heart is bleeding and I am in denial that I have to leave again. I hate goodbyes and I can see my boyfriend was also been sad. But we have to face the reality.

After taking a warm shower upon getting out of bed, I readied myself and we checked out at the front lobby. Then we boarded at my boyfriend's car parked at the basement then he drove me to the airport. The streets was not that crowded and the weather appears gloomy. It seems that the weather was been mourning for my departure.

While driving my boyfriend was talking about our great and happy adventures and was kind of brushing off the reality that I am leaving today. He's also in denial I guess and I can feel his void. We did this before and everytime I left he is kind of very endearing trying to comfort me that it is okay and that we will be seeing again someday, when I come back again for a visit.

We arrived at the airport devoid of harm's way and he assisted me in obtaining my boarding pass. The line was not that long so I got my pass easily without struggling from the long wait. After getting my pass we went to look for a restaurant to eat and stay until my flight is up. We still have three hours to talk and be together and frankly it was the most poignant times of my entire trip.

It never dawned to me that leaving had made us so intimate at each other despite making our self discrete at the premises of the airport. We hunched some plans about my next trip and he was so excited telling me where to go next time. I dreamt that time that it was my coming back again but I felt the pinch that it was not. We made a promise that we will make the next trip more adventurous and fun and to go to a lot of places especially in Quintana Roo and the Yucatan state.

When the time for me to line up for the security line was up he took me near him and hugged me so tightly and kissed my forehead so endearingly. My eyes was kind of misty and I couldn't help holding my emotions. I hugged him back tightly and pounded his strong back thanking him of his surreal love and affection. I never had this kind of love abandonement which is true and heart piercing. And I hope and pray that we will still last as long as it gets. For I know how it will work out and he just proved to me that he is sincere.

Before entering the security line I hugged him again and tahnked him for everything he did. I promised him that I will come back and that I will be seeing him again in the future. And I will keep that promise as long as it takes.

After getting through the security line he was still outside so I waved at him that I'm okay and then I went to look for the gate that I needed to board. My steps were heavy and my chest was numbed. I always get this feeling everytime I gave goodbye to someone who is dear to me and I really hate how it feels but at that time I have to muster all my strengths and get going to face another avenue of my life in my hometown.

We boarded at 1430H and the plane left Mexico City at 1450H. We taxied the tarmac and I bade my last kiss to the place where I left the man that I have loved. I promised to call him when I arrived in Los Angeles and he indicated that he will wait for me to call.

The flight from Mexico City to Los Angeles was about three hours nonstop and it was a smooth and uneventful flight. So far there was not much raucous inside that plane unlike last time that I have to help a diabetic passenger. I have slept may be almost half the time of the flight and had been reliving the good and fun momemnts of my recent journeys.

Starting with my stay in Mexico City during the first day, our stressful trip to Cuernavaca where we don't know whether we drive his car or take a bus, our solemn experiences in Taxco, Guerrero where we witness the most odd tradition of celebrating the Holy Week, our crazy adventures at the outskirts of Taxco and the thrilling ride in a delapidated Beetle-taxicab on the hilly-narrow-bumpy streets of Taxco, our unplanned trip and journeys to Oaxaca and the heart pounding trip to Cuerpo del Agua Azul, our fight on a bus on our way to Palenque and the nature trekking there starting from the Canyon de Sumidero, the romantic walk at the Mayan Pyramids, the visit at the falls of Misol-ha and the intimate hand-to-hand stroll at the Cascades of Agua Azul. It was being relived mentally by me like a reel of movies in my mind. It was a magnificent feeling at the time.

We arrived at Los Angeles International Airport and then we embarked at the platform near the international immigration office lining ourselves and have our passport stamped. I never had problems in going our there and then I retrieved my luggage without any trouble at all.

I went out of the international airport and called for a taxi to drive me home. It was already 2200H at that time and 0100H in Mexico city. At the taxicab I dialed my cell phone and call my hubby telling him that I arrived safely in Los Angeles and then I gave him a long kiss and the driver was just smiling listening to me talking on my cell phone.

I arrived at home safe and sound checking my dying plants so I have to water them first and then checked my dog if she's okay. She was jumping up and down with excitement when she saw me and was licking my shoes. I gave her a hearty dinner and tucked her at her doghouse.

Now, I am here in Los Angeles feeling so alone and needed to face the realities of life. I am so happy now that my trip had given me a breath of fresh air and that tomorrow I have to start fresh again. It's just good to be away sometimes and unwind from the busy turmoils of everyday life. I am glad I did it and now I felt good. Can't complain so much...... although tomorrow will be another chapter of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment