Sunday, January 20, 2013

Adopting A Dog Had Thrilled Me

Last Friday, during my clinical rotation with Batch 40B at Rosecrans Care Center my students had approached me if they can pick up this two-month-old tan mixed chihuahua at the Central Los Angeles Shelter which is just few miles near the facility. And so.... this beautiful adoption story started.

During our pre-conference Autrese had showed me a picture of a baby white chihuahua which was posted for adoption at the shelter near the area and had told me that they needed to pick her up because she was placed for a first come first serve basis. I allowed her together with her three classmates to go thinking that they might lose their chance to take the dog if I won't allow them to leave to pick her up.

So I end up assisting the rest of the students that were left to pass the medication in the East Station and also do the fingerstick blood sugars of several residents on that wing and giving the insulin coverage as well. They were gone for five hours and I never realized that the adoption had took that long time and that they've told me taht it was very rigorous.

When were done medicating by noon I was fetched by Patricia and told that they were waiting at the parking lot. I told her that I will meet her at the parking lot after wrapping up all the signing of the MAR and the controlled substances MAR which is a matter of minutes to do. When I'm done I went to the parking lot where they were waiting and theyve greeted me with this cute tan baby dog wearing a white-silver wing with a matching while feathery halo plus these three pink mylar foil balloons suspended up in the air. It looked like there was a baby shower at the parking lot. Hahaha.

They took pictures of me holding the baby dog and had invited me at Autrese's house, which was just few blocks from the nursing home, to celebrate the dog shower. I thought I was just dreaming there but it really dawned on me that it was really real..... my students had made their best effort to get me a puppy (which is a 2 month-old tan mixed chihuahua) because they've knew how much I really wanted to have one. And I didn't really expected it that they will do such extra mile to pick up one for me and also shopped the cute little dog with all her necessities and accessories. I was touched greatly.

I almost cried but I choked it up so that they won't see me breaking up but inside I was weeping with tears of joy. They've loved me so much for doing such great job in teaching them. My unconditional love and hat is off to Autrese and the gang for doing such a nice and good effort and gesture for me. I can't utter any flowery words for their effort but personally showed them gratefulness and joy. They've even named the dog "Diamond" which I also like so much that I decided to adapt it likewise. And there we acted like crazies and baptized the dog with that beautiful and enticing name and then partied greatly after that. It was hilarious!

Seeing me happy, excited, and ecstatic was enough for them to see and witness because they've told me that they've loved me so much for teaching and guiding them passionately in their studies. I told them that I am just doing my personal responsibilities to them with no strings attached as m job description had indicated me to do. But the appreciation from them was very enormous and genuine.... and I was really touched by it. I never had encountered such gratefulness that kind of a magnitude before.

After the party I bade goodbye to all of them and took the cute Diamond home and personally claimed her as my own forever. They've placed her inside the animal print traveling bag and while I was driving the dog was anxiously whining inside the bag so I took her out of the bag and had her sat on my lap while I was driving. She liked to peek at the window and just enjoyed the ride on my way home. She was so adorable on my lap. Hehehe.

When I got home I settled her inside my apartment and allowed her alone to mark her new territory and feel more comfortable with it. I then changed my scrubs with my house clothes and took a relaxing nap and when I woke up at around 1700H I found Diamond sleeping also beside me curling like a baby with her pink cotton blanket. She was very cute with her pink leather collar adorned with rhinestone and pearl studs hanging around her supple neck. She was very extremely pretty and awesomely petite to look at. Haist!

When I arose of the soft bouncy bed she woke up also and stretched her tiny little doggie legs a little bit and then had eagerly followed me to the kitchen nearby where I gradually laid down in front of her the bowl full of chewy dog food by Health Foods and another bowl with clean mineral water. Yes that's how pampered she is from now on. She hungrily finished the food and then licked some water from the other bowl to flush what she'd just ate. Haist...... she was very lovely and full now.

I really thanked Batch 40B for doing such an extra mile in making me happy that day and made my life so complete with giving and handing me this wonderful-beautiful-cute-little-dirty-white dog which I liked so much. Rest assure that I will take care of her and will pamper her with my unconditional love as well as will greatly spoil her with my riches..... hehehe. From the bottomest part of my touched and bleeding heart..... my million "thank yous" on your great effort. Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment