Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Rain Had Just Passed

Today I am off and finally the rain was gone. I woke up this morning feeling the cold Autumn morning even when I was still on my PJs and the patio was stil been drenched with rain water from last night's heavy rain. The plants at the patio appeared emerald in color because of too much soaking in the water. They were all sustained fully after being thirsty for three months during the past summer days.

Today I have no agenda since I am off. I maybe just be doing some of the household chores and run some common errands but I am not planning on going out and spend some money. With this struggling economic condition I have to stretch my financial budget until I fulfill some of my budgetary constraints. It's difficult but I have to. There's an old adage that says, "Meanwhile when the covers are shrinking endure to curl up to get warm." And that's exactly what I am going to do until everything will be alright financially.

I will opt out staying at home doing laundry and cleaning the house in order to be productive and maybe after that watch my favorite traveling show continuing to watch some of my recorded episodes that I have not watched yet. I might cook a little bit rather than dining out and enjoy my little own company with a glass of wine and sticks of cheese and marinated olives I bought yesterday from the deli. Isn't that a good treat after the rain had passed? Lovely isn't it?

Pondering on these agenda for today made my excitement boil to the brim as well as make my mouth water. I just can't wait doing it and enjoy it momentarily trying to be stingy at the same time. Life couldn't be more promising than this.

I woke up then went ahead brushing my teeth then started to boil water and made some coffee and then fried some eggs and bacon then made a cup of garlic rice trying to consciously skip bagel for this morning. The combination of fried rice and dried fish with sunny side ups coupled with a warm mug of mocca coffee I think is apt for this cold morning.

After eating the palatable breakfast I started collecting all my soiled clothes and scrubs separating them by colors from the hampers and started popping them in at the washer and dryer. While waiting for it to be done I started to mop the wooden floor, vacuum the carpets, and dusts the furnitures. Whew, it was a workout but it was good doing it. I don't have a choice but to do it or else I will have a pileful of work after another week. Well, that's the reality of living alone. Quite preposterous but that's the reality.

I finished all these chores almost lunch and I am hungry again. I decided to eat light during lunch so I made a vegetable green salad topped with fried luncheon meat and a balsamic vinegairette with a garlic toast and a glass of white wine.

After lunch I decided to study one chapter of "Word Power Made Easy" trying to enhance more words to my wide array of vocabulary. After one hour I felt that my brain was drained out after the chapter test and I was happy I did good for the post test. I took one persimmon fruit as my afternoon snack then I sat at the living room watching Rick Steve's travels.

I watched his travels in Portugal, Basque Country, and Croatia which were both informative and enjoyable. Lisbon was very pretty and full of history. I love all the architectures and the arts on all the churches wall. I never know about the Basque Country and now I know that it was a country without a border situated in between France and Spain. The beaches were very blue and the food were very good and delicious. Croatia especially Dubrovnik was very progressive and I love the beautiful people and nature surrounding it.

In the afternoon, I was anticipating my day tomorrow so I decided to ready my scrub for my clinical day tomorrow at Las Flores with Batch 40 in Gardena, CA. All in all, my day is kind of drab and nothing unusual. I like it though because I don't have to shore out anything financially but my time and energy. It was inexpensive yet simple and enjoyable. We can always make it pass with flying colors just like the rain that had passed and sustained the life of the wiltering and thirsty plants. Simple yet meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment