Monday, December 10, 2012

Losing The Gray Matter

Well, it seems that I'm getting old already. Things were been missed lately which possibly heralds the imminent signs and symptoms of dementia or forgetfulness. I am in a period wherein I am still in denial about the whole situation but it seems that these symptoms were been showing up gradually and made me think that it was really crawling out now.

There's been two occasions lately that I've been forgetting things and this really had scared me a lot. I am always organized in every thing I do. I was known to be meticulous in what I do but now that old age was been looming around the corner I may have been very careless at times and forgetful about certain things that were sometimes very important in a day-to-day basis.

Yesterday, I went to work without unplugging the rice cooker that I turned on during that morning for cooking rice. Actually, I went to sleep with it on, thinking that it will be done by the time I woke up in the afternoon. I probably forgot about it totally after I woke up because when I left for work at 1900H I have not unplugged the rice cooker and had just proceeded to go to work.

I remember it at 0200H yesterday so I asked my charge nurses at work if it is okay for me to leave the facility for quite a while then I told them the reason why. They were so considerate to let me leave for a while so I drove back home and checked if the rice cooker was still on and when I found out is was, I unplugged it from the electrical socket and then went back to work not even checking the condition of the over cooked rice.

Today, I also left the house without even bringing the school phone that I used to login my attendance and the student's attendance for the clinicals. I know I will be teaching in the morning the next day but I still left the red-cased phone on the couch inside my bedroom and just zoomed in to work in a jiffy. I will be working tonight at the facility then will be teaching in the morning for my clinicals.

At 2330H I asked my charge nurse if I can go out and buy something to eat. Good thing she let me. So I took the opportunity to dash quickly at home and get the red-cased phone sitting on the couch so that I can use it for my clinicals tomorrow for the students login attendance.

I am in hot water at school lately because my administrative manager was kind of very demanding to me so I am trying not to give him a reason to counsel or reprimand me because of the missed phone attendance. I am to be cautious now that I am the object of criticism at school. That's why I went home in a flash to get the phone.

After taking the phone at home I drove back to the facility but before that I decided to passed by for some "Pho soup" from a nearby Vietnamese restaurant close to the house and ordered a takeout because I was actually starving during at that moment.

When I got the order I paid for it immediately and I dashed right away to the facility. Good thing there was no untoward event happened when I was gone. I saw the evening nurses leaving after I parked my car then I told them to just drive safe in going to their respective homes.

Well, getting old had gave an enormous toll on me lately. It is a slow process and along with the aging out processes the brain and bodily functions also started to decline and slow down. I am quite fascinated about the turn of events lately but I have to commune with myself and just accept the fact that I am eventually heading there. It's just a matter of time. Life has its end and limitations also and that's the reality that I needed to accept no matter what happen eventually.

Give it or take it, we have to enjoy life to the fullest because we don't know when it will end. We have to prepare for it and get ourselves ready to accept as well as embrace the verdict in the end and be gracious that it will affect to us eventually.

The eventuality of the sequences of life is viably imminent so we must train ourselves to always be thankful about it's existence. Celebrate life and be proud of what simple things it has to offer. And that forgetfulness has its course and we needed to follow it by heart. Cest la vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment