Saturday, September 1, 2012

Way To Go

Yeah, it's been two weeks now post-op and also three weeks now of my comeback at the gym. My energy had never abated because of my motivation to live healthy as well as lose weight.

When I tipped my weight at 185 lbs. I started to have a relaization that I may be dying soon because everything started to be hard on me. My breathing started to be faster and I easily gets tired even on a slight exertion. My efforts of making my life a little better was actually slimmed down because of my unhealthy lifestyle.

When my doctor scolded me for being fat and advised me to cut down my weight I was determined to start my life all over again by hitting the gym three times or so each week.

In order to get used to the exercises at first week I started to walk and run to accustomed myself for the routine. It hurts at first but I have to persevere. The pain was nagging me but I have to brush it off. I have to pop some pain pill sometimes and it helped me to get going.

I started to realize that if there is no pain I can't fulfill my goals so the pain had motivated me to get going. The pain had made me realized that the routines are working and I slowly gained the momentum to keep going to the gym almost everyday and had only took a Sunday off to fulfill my religious obligations and do some errands.

It dawned to me that my break form my surgery had given me time to concentrate exercising and that it accustomed myself to it. Now, I am happily dragging myself to the gym almost everyday without even missing a day.

I can do a 30 minute run now for 2.5 miles without even catching my breath. I can bike for 5 miles for under 17 minutes (my goal will be under 15 minutes, and I feel I can reach it just in time and I am working out on that) and I can climbed up a 15 level incline in 30 minutes for two miles and lose more than 500 calories.

In three weeks time I can feel that my body had shaped a little bit and my weight had lessened 13 lbs less than the initial weight I've had when I started coming back at the gym. I was very ecstatic and happy about the progress and I gave myself three months to achieve my goal of going back to my usual 160 lb frame.

Although it still way more time but way to go for myself. I am very motivated to do it more and more and not to overdo it or else I will suffer some rebound. I am trying to make it just on the average although I have to keep pushing myself to at least a minimum or the desired.

I am also trying to eat healthy despite of my voracious appetite and my high inclination to cook unhealthy foods. I have to stick to my plans and I have to eat healthy from now on.

In every endeavor there's always a setback and one setback with all this exercises was the nature of my job. I've been working graveyard shifts and it makes me tired after my shift was over but I will try my best not to get distracted by it. I hope I will still keep my exercises on schedule and will not fall back. Crossing my fingers, I will be as much thrilled if I can do that and I will have to brush off all these doubts.

Although, it is still a lot to go but I will have to stick to my guns and keep my self from doing it no matter what the odds are. Give me three months and I will show you the results.

I am very determined to do this and I will not falter. I have to keep going to the gym and do my routines and will achieve my goals. I will not succumb to procrastination and I will religiously do my own thing all the time.

Way to go Tonee, keep motivating yourself and achieve your goals. I am never been as motivated as ever just like this and I am proud of myself for doing this endeavor. God please help me. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment