Sunday, August 5, 2012

Humor At Work

Yeah.... sometimes work can wear me out especially when I have double back-to-back admissions. Most of the time, in a very hectic night amidst the busy hours at work I can tell you that humor sometimes pops up and it can really break the ice in some way. Oh, I just love that when it happens.

Life can be boring without humor. We have to have those winning and grand moments that we can cherish even in the heights of our busy job's works. I sometimes enjoyed recalling those little itty-bitty tiny snippets I have experienced and just robbed my time and myself some of those little treats cherishing the humor of such circumstances.

One time I was in a middle of a huddle and explained some of the things needed to be done by my certified nurses. After the huddle one of my Hispanic certified nurses asked me what was been tackled. Instead of getting mad at her I just smiled at myself and repeated to her slowly what was been discussed. It all turned out that she could not understand me in between explanations because she could not grasp English that well for the fact that she's Spanish speaking.

Sometimes it got me irritated having to explain it to her because I thought she was not listening to me. I just knew and found out at that time that she has limited English comprehension so I tried my best explaining it to her in broken Spanish. When I was explaining to her alone in Spanish what was been discussed she was also laughing at me because I look like a trying hard ass talking to her in an awkward way but at least I tried to do it for her to understand. Fortunately, she did somehow and now I got to explain it to her in that way.

Sometimes when I remember those awkward moments I just smile at myself and cherish it. It helps sometimes to ease the stress of a busy night at work. Life can be cruel sometimes but humor tries to buffer the grueling momentum of the day.

One time I was making my rounds and I was very sleepy and I just can't stop yawning and yawning. As I walked the hallway towards the other station at the other end of the building I passed by the vending machine to buy some chips. I felt a little hungry that time so I decided to buy some chips from the machine.

After I put two singles to the money inlet I punched the number of the chips that I wanted. I was so excited waiting for it and suddenly the chips didn't drop from the row that I chosed. It got stuck at the spring that held it. I was so desperate to have it but since it got stuck from the spring I decided to shake the machine. The machine was heavy and I cannot shake it up.

Thinking for another means to get the chips another idea had come up into my mind. Since the chips got stuck on the spring then maybe if I put another money in the machine and chose the same row then maybe the second chips in line might push the first one then both will drop down.

I went ahead and placed two singles again inside the money inlet then waited patiently. Holy crap!.... both chips didn't drop down. Extremely desperate I tried to thud the machine for eating up my four singles and didn't even gave me the chips that I wanted. It was very irritating and frustrating but I held my cool pretending nothing had happened. I probably look crazy there during that time waiting for my prize but I did not get it. Hahaha.

I left the vending machine without having what I wanted. I was so upset and frustrated but what could I do. I couldn't even shake that heavy damn vending machine. In order to cover the embarrassment I kept the situation all to myself and didn't told anybody not until now that I am writing it. It sometimes amused me when I remember those awkward moments. Hahahaha.

The next morning I waited for the guy who supplied the machine because he always comes every Monday to renew and re-stock the machine. I told him about what had happened he previous night and he cordially handed me the two chips that got stuck from the same row. Finally, I got the chips but the struggle I did last night was incomparable to all my experiences in the past.

Yeah.... without humor life can be boring and I always cherished those every time I remember it and had learned from them at the same time. Sometimes we need some spices in our every day life and humor just can fill in sometimes to spice it up. Have a nice day and thanks for your time. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment