Monday, January 2, 2012

The Lost Aztec Civilization

After roaming the crowded streets of MexicoCity on this holiday season we decided to wind up outside the city where I cn probably explore the ruins of the Aztec civilizations famous in the ancient times in the valleys of the city called Teotihuacan.

We were equipped with a two day worth of clothes because we decided to spend the night at Puebla after our trip at Teotihuacan. The drive there was long and we spend like at least less than two hours drive going thee after we roam around the Shrine of Guadalupe and the surrounding churches and structures there.

We left Guadulupe arund two o'clock and arrived at Teotihuacan close to three-thirty. We passed by the nearest Indian settlement and my tourist guide told me that I need to ge some little introductions there about Indian culture and I got a little one-on-one talk with a young girl who knows how to speak English fluently so it was not hard for me to comprehend her about her culture.

I was lectured about the Tequila making, the cloth weaving, as well as the jewelry making. It was a very extensive little lecture and I got to see some samples and taste some homemade Tequila.

After that we went to the valley were the pyramids are and I have to hurry up to find the big pyramid and climb it because the park will be close in about an hour. I have one hour to see and explore the place so I didn't waste any time but to climb the great pyramid and see the view from the top.

The steep climb was very frightening and with me getting out of breath I challenged myself to finish it without surrendering and voila I got to the top with sore thighs yet I got to see how huge the place it extending like six kilometers from end to end.

I didn't waste any second and I started to snap some beautiful pictures while I was there on top. The people there were also like me who got fascinated with the view of the setting sun and how it changed color from yellow to orange. It was a very awesome sight to see. My tourist guide was left waiting for me in the car because I think he might have foreseen how tiring it was to climb those steep stars. Besides he was here a million times already. How very clever of him.

I stayed at the top for twenty minutes them embarked on another challenge going down those steep stairs. It was kind of a scary experience because I felt that I was going to fall from going down because of the steepness of the descent but I was very careful not to fall.

I made it down there but I felt my knees were shaking and my tummy were gurgling. I was hungry and hypoglycemic I think. Imagine those calories I've burned from those adrenaline rush? I was starving to death.

I just wont stop clicking my camera at every stop and then requested somebody to get me some solo pictures as my memento. Then I went on to look for my tourist guide and I told him how hungry I am. We then looked for a restaurant and we ate the most delicious tortilla soup I've ever tasted.

After our little break we then geared ourselves for another long drive going to Puebla. Teotihuaan is the most unforgettable place I hav been and I can't forget that challenging climb. Well, I was so lucky to have done it or else my journey to Mexico will not be complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment