Monday, January 23, 2012

Looking Back In 2011

Yeah, the year 2011 had already passed and it is just noteworthy to look back and recall what good and bad things that had happened last year. Of course, life would not be balanced if all the events last year were not a mixture or blend of the good and the bad, happy or sad.

Well, on the good side I can still remember when I got accepted for a job at the famous nursing home network in the whole California, the Country Villa Network, and I was so grateful to God that I had nailed it. Now I am almost a year old from this job and I liked it very much because of the computerized charting that they are using during charting and documentation processes, compared to some nursing homes all over the country who refused to embrace technological advances.

I was also elated last year because at long last I got a very stable health insurance which I lost for almost ten months in 2010 after I resigned at the hospital. It's just paying the COBRA is very impractical and costly for me. Now I can feel that I am secured when it comes to my health because of this affordable insurance I have got from my new employer.

I still keep my teaching job which I held for almost six years now and counting. I still remember when I pioneered the school together with two Filipino nurse educators. Now I am the only one pioneer left and I'm still thieving there. I mean teaching is kind of a stressful job but I loved it now that I had established my seniority there.

Last year, I also met and saw my college classmates form West Visayas State University in Florida for our 20th year reunion at Universal Studios in Florida. It was an exciting feeling to have seen my classmates who refused to grow old and leave our childish attitudes. It was fun and interesting to have celebrated in a 70's theme and we had a lot of fun as well as a ton of laughters at the Disco Fever Ball. The separation after the affair was so poignant and some had shed their tears because of our extreme closeness to each other.

My little niece was been born last year and I am so happy to be an uncle for the Nth time. Life is a precious gift from God and it was an apt celebration for me to rejoice because the baby was an inspiration for us in the family. Another Palomo baby was been added and another burden for me to take care and worry for her future.

Also last year, I've got to travel for five countries in Europe and had so much fun with my old and newly found friends. It was great to have explored their respective places. It was also very heartwarming to have seen some relatives, families, and friends from all those places that I have been through.

So far the good happenings had outweighed the bad ones but the whole year was been full of inevitable events. Lola Soling, my grandmother from my mom's side had died last year due to old age and cardiac problems. I haven't gone home to attend the interment but I have prayed for her soul's repose.

One of my sister had a very nasty separation (because divorce is not yet legal in the Philippines) and it was a blow to the family although it was beneficial to her because she is free now to take care of her two teenage children and the newly born baby. I know it was a drastic decision but judging to the circumstances that I know about my brother-in-law, I may say that my sister will be better off by herself rather than go back to her irresponsible husband.

Also this year I had lost a very close friendship that I had for almost 10 years. Well, my decision to keep distance from my best friend was very personal and I kind of not regretted it because I am better off being by myself rather than pressuring myself to mingle in times that I am not in the mood. Plus being taken advantage by a person I trusted as a good friend added to the reason why I decided to call it quits.

Speaking of lost, my childhood friend from elementary and high school died also last year because of cardiac problems. At a very young age it was very sad that the good Lord had took him from us but I do believe God has His good reasons why He took him from this world. Napoleon John Palmares, my dear good friend, I will miss you forever. Thank you very much for being you and a good friend to me. I will surely miss your jokes and your jolly approach about life.

The last quarter of 2011 was a bad time of the year for me. My apartment was burglarized while I was having fun during my three weeks vacation in Europe and I had lost a lot of things especially a box of jewelries dating from the time I came her in America. It was a very devastating thing that it happened and I am glad the police caught and put the perpetrator in jail. The court litigations was still ongoing. Ooooh..... it was a mess.

Last year my car was also been acting up on the front tires looking flat almost every two weeks and me having been pumping air inside also every two weeks and now was been almost every week. I had it checked with the dealer and they've told me that noting is wrong with it. Who knows it will give me a flat tire at the freeway. Oh... that would be very scary to me.

Well, life is too short so we have to be content with what it has to offer because opportunity only knocks once and will never comeback to repeat itself. So whenever it will come knocking your way, don't hesitate to let him in and your life and everything in it will be dazzling and fabulous! Change is a challenge but without change life would be boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment