Sunday, December 25, 2011

Feeling The Mexican Christmas

I was picked up at the airport by a very goodlooking tourist guide and the chemistry between us had sparked the moment we introduced ourselves. It was just like an impulsive nature that he hugged me upon seeing me and he told me how cute I am.

I was blushing when he told me that. I can also sensed his excitement judging with the sparkle of her us and the jittery introduction he made when he introduced himself at me. I was just quiet and dumbfounded about the whole set-up and I didn't know what to expect but I know there will good things happening the following minutes, hours, and days. What is it... I don't know yet. And I don't want to know either.

He politely guided me to his car and gently helped me with my luggage. I felt I will swoon inside me for his warm touch and I never recalled how many times we've touched but it feels good. I am awestrucked.

When we settled my luggage at the trunk of his car we left the airport and took the freeway heading to the hotel I had booked and checked in. In the car he was just bubbling words I don't understand explaining about his country and what to do there. We decided on some plans and we immediately clicked with each other.

We arrived at the hotel and I immediately checked in and dropped my luggaged at the room. He doesn't want to waste the time so he told me that he will show me to some good places that night where I can see how Mexico City loves tourist.

We went down to the lobby and headed to the car then he drove towards the center of the city in the downtown area. He told me he will bring me to Zocalo that night. Zocalo is the biggest plaza in Mexico City where they held events such like Christmas and other occasions. In the past, the Zocalo is the place where they held demonstrations and rallies.

We passed by the Alameda Park yet when right now was been converted as the fair place where you can see some booths selling things like what you've seen in the carnival or fair. There were rides and ferris wheel also trying to invite passersby to have some fun.

When we were near the traffic becomes thicker and the streets were teeming with some locals and tourists alike trying to enjoy the good warm weather and the festivities of the Christmas season. Every street were so crowded that the car drove to a dragging speed.

We finally spotted a good parking structure after the long hpurs drive and then we disembarked and walked towards the so called Zocalo near the Metropolitan Church and the Palacio Nacional.

The streets were adorned with glittering Christmas lights of various colors, size, and sparkles. It was very festive and heralding that the Christmas season is just within the air. The ZOcalo was teeming with the locals and other people. It was just crazy every where but it was fun.

There were peddlers and sellers on the streets. Young and old people, friends and families trying to enjoy and capture the moment of Christmas in the town.

There was a big sparkling Christmas Tree at the center of the plaza as well as a built-in skiing ice rink full of ice skaters. There were also booths for goods and mementos you can only see mad ein Mexico.

We roamed around and try to enjoy the craziness of the crowd. It was very crowded but still the fun and the noises were so deafening in the ears. But at least I have enjoyed it.

When we got tired we went out of the crowd and headed to the parking lot. We decide dto eat first because I was super hungry and tired as well. We went to the VIPS restaurant equivalent to Dennys in the US where they cater for late night orders.

After a hearty dinner we immediately went to the parking lot and got the car and then drove back to the hotel. I was super tried already and we call it a day.

I had a blast on my first night in Mexico City and I know I didn't regretted coming here. My tourist guide had been taken cared of me very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment