Saturday, November 12, 2011

Rest Day And Laundry

October 30, 2011: When we arrived at Aix-en-Provence at 2300H yesterday we were so tired and we retired right away. We were so beat up and exhausted from the long trip as well as tired from roaming around Italy.

My cold was worse. I just won't stop sneezing and my phlegm started to accumulate and clogged my throat. My voice became hoarse and I was running a low-grade-fever. This may be was my comeuppance for tiring myself and as a result my resistance became low and my body gave up.

We were supposed to go to Marseille to see Chateau d'If but it seems that I really needed my much needed rest so I decided to tell Doreen that we have to stay home and rest. It was also fortunate that Doreen needs to fix Shelley's room so she also agreed to stay around.

While Doreen was cleaning the other house I decided to do my laundry so that I won't be doing it when I arrived in Los Angeles. Then I wrote a couple of blogs about my travels then rest the whole day to recover my strengths.

After all those non-stop travels, walking, trekking, riding the trains and buses my body surrendered. I got sick and now I am nursing myself to abate the disease process formation and not to get worse. I was worn and tired and felt so tired.

When I woke up it was already dark and the evening had consumed me to get more sleep but Doreen woke me up and told me that Pacita was inviting us for my last dinner at Aix-en-Provence and also to see Ate Abigail.

We ate fish that Pascal had cooked the previous nights and it was very delicious. I did not regret going there to eat out. Hehehe. Pacita was very thrilled about our stories in Italy and we also had a good time at this dinner. Pascal was not around because he is busy in the restaurant.

After the dinner we stayed over for couple of hours then Pacita drove us off at the mansion. I felt so beat up and I retired early also.

What a nice day to rest although I was nursing my sick self, although it was challenging and boring yet I had a good rest. Now I am ready to drag myself else where to visit another place.

Tomorrow we will be heading to Paris and stay there for two days before I leave for Los Angeles yet Aix-en-Provence has an indelible memory for me to look back.

Looking back made me smile and coy because I realized that I am blessed and lucky to have travelled like this. I think I deserved it and hopefully all is well. Thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment