Saturday, November 12, 2011

Off To Paris

October 31, 2011: Well, it was a bright Monday morning, I woke up and checked my luggages. I can't believe my trip is finally over.I have to leave Aix-en-Provence with a heavy heart because for all the times I've been here in Europe I only spent little time to re-explore the place. I felt guilty.

The day of my departure is nearing and days away, actually a sort of two days, but I'm still not imbued to go home. It seems that my journey is not complete yet, that I wanted to stay here and live here forever.

I've been worrying about my friend Doreen, leaving her behind, despite of her vulnerable and fragile situation. I just can't but I have to because I still have a responsibility to do for my family and for my work. I have to man-it-up in order to fight this denial stage of saying goodbye.

We left Aix-en-Provence with a heavy heart. I am very thankful for Doreen for staying with me and accompany me to Paris until the day of my departure.

We purchased our ticket at the train station and then off to Paris. We arrived in Paris at 1700H and decided to look for a cheap yet reasonable hotel for us to stay for two nights. We left my luggages at the room then we started to explore the city again for the last time.

We grabbed something to eat then we started to look for a money transfer agency because Doreen needs to send money to her mom for the college tuition fee of her nephew and me to my sister for the preparation of the "All Souls Day."

We've been walking and walking around the Opera but we couldn't find the place where Doreen was been sending before until I spotted a different one after several hours of walking.

Then after that we took the subway and headed to Moulin Rouge just to take a picture there then we decided to eat dinner at the nearby Buffalo Wing House there.

After dinner we took the subway again going back to the hotel. It was 2000H and it was cold every where in Paris so we decided to go back to the hotel and checked our options for the next day which is my last day in Europe.

We passed by the hotel's concierge took the key at the counter and asked for a WiFi connected password so that I can post some more pics that I just took earlier on Facebook.

In the room while watching a television Doreen suddenly suggested that what if we go to Brussels the next day instead of exploring Paris which I already explored several times. And I agreed to her idea. At least I can see another place and add more pictures on my album.

We retired early because we knew that tomorrow will be another long day for us. Aaah.... it's really nice to travel because I don't have anything to worry about work. The only thing I have to worry is if I've got enough money to finance the trip and the answer is way too much money that I need to spend.

Money calls..... you can do whatever you want if the resources are sufficient and I am more fortunate enough to have had done it. I have saved enough to make this trip memorable and fun and I do feel I deserved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment