Sunday, November 6, 2011

Visiting Pisa, Italy

October 29, 2011: The next day on a cold Saturday morning we woke up to make this day the most busy day of all our travels. Our agenda for the day was to see David and the Uffizi Museum for the last time. Then go back to our hotel and leave Florence and go to Pisa, Italy to just see the leaning tower then go home to Genova after that.

We took our early morning shower despite the cold weather and then went down to the first floor and avail ourselves with our last continental Italian breakfast consisting mostly of croissant, butter and jams, coffee, orange juice, and yogurt. Then we went up to brush our teeth and left to check out then left our backpacks at the hotel lobby.

We lined up at the Academia Gallery before the gallery opens and watched the marble statue of David for an hour and also browsed some artworks of different Italian artist being displayed there at the Academia then headed to the Uffizi Museum and browsed a wide array of paintings and artworks made by famous Italian painters like Botticeli, Cellini, Micahelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, etc. Picture taking was prohibited so we have no remembrance from this two visits.

After all those last tour of seeing some artworks we went back to the hotel at 1200H and ambled to the train station and bought two tickets to Pisa, Italy. Doreen forgot to validate our tickets so we got penalized at the train and paid 5 euros.

When we got to Pisa along with our backpacks we bought tickets going to Genova and then rode a bus going to the town of Pisa. We have two hours to browse this famous tower and we didn't wasted any minute of it. When we got there we went down and go directly towards the cathedral and started clicking our cameras for a several pictures of the famous leaning tower. There were a lot of tourist to this area.

We stayed there for two hours then we went back to the train station and waited for the train going to Genova. The train ride was about was about four hours so we arrived at Genova at around 1900H exhausted, tired, and I was sick and coughing with flu.

When we arrived at Genova only Melchor and Ashley were there and Maricelle arrived an hour after us. Melchor made this seafood spaghetti and we shared it for dinner.

After dinner we talked for a while about our experience in Tuscany and then we went to ready our stuff for our trip back to Aix-en-Provence the next morning.

Although I was getting sick yet my experiences were very vivid in my memories. I was so happy to have it realized despite of the changes in some of our itineraries. Yet everything was excellent and the experience was fun and remarkable.

From this trip I gained a lot of friends as well as a good and exciting experience I could not trade with any monetary of material things. I was very lucky to have experienced it and I thanked God for making it possible for me despite of some setbacks I consider can damage my plans and goals.

Life is indeed a roller coaster sometimes you're up sometimes you're down. Yet no matter what will come out still we can get some alternatives to spice it up and we don't ran out of resources to make it more exciting because we are naturally resourceful in our own way. And that's what makes life going.

Viola! I gained a lot of experiences ans I've learned a lot from them. I pushed myself a little further in order to learn something for my own sake. At least learning different cultures had made me more aware that the world is diversified and needs to be in harmony learning from each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment