Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Los Angeles Arrival

November 3, 2011: It was so poignant leaving Paris with a pouring rain. It seems that the Parisian skies was crying for my departure and never wanted me to leave. My friend Doreen had been patient in accompanying me to the airport and waiting for me to go inside the the boarding area. I hate the surprise of goodbyes and I cannot stop myself yielding to melancholy.

The trip from Paris to Washington was very long but I tried to keep myself succumb to sleep to regain my strength from being fatigued after all this back to back travels we did the previous few weeks. After three weeks of traveling my fragile body had surrendered to infirmity and I got a cold with drippy nose and occasional nagging cough.

I was so worried because I was thinking the immigration in Washington will quarantine me while they were looking for the cause of the cold and cough. Before I left Paris I was already brewing a low grade fever but I took Tylenol right away before boarding and at the plane I asked for an aspirin because they don't have Tylenol.

My three weeks travel was super super duper packed with memorable adventures, dizzying fun, unforgettable memories, and of course hundreds and hundreds of pictures. I can't wait to tell my close friends at work in Los Angeles about my brave adventures in Europe. For sure they were anxiously waiting for me and can't wait to hear my fantastic experiences and unreal personal stories.

It was a fun travel and was fully loaded of lots and lots of unforgettable memories. We never stopped until our bodies resigned and succumbed to illness. Doreen had a hip fracture and was always grimacing and limping every time we go. It was a torture seeing her limp but she is in denial about it. And I have a forever nagging cough and sometimes occasional agitating wheezing and hard snoring spells.

When we got to Washington Dulles International Airport we were instructed to retrieve our luggages and pass through immigration again which I successfully passed without any problems or querries. Then I wheeled the luggages to the domestic flight transfer carousel and then I went up to the local or domestic airport and looked for the boarding gate for my flight back to Los Angeles. My lay-over in Washington was only one-and-a-half hour.

When I boarded the plane going to Los Angeles I then realized that I am on my way home and will have to face reality again. Now reality was my concern and number enemy. I was so excited yet adamant at he same time because I still feel that I am on vacation but I cannot afford it because I need to work and pay the bills. The flight to Los Angeles is three hours and was boring but uneventful.

Upon arrival at LAX I waited to retrieve my luggages and called a taxi to drive me home. The taxi driver was Armenian preferably about early forties. He was jabbing a lot inside the car about things like life, family, work, etc. It's not political but I sensed he is a smart and funny guy. He seems to be a nice guy so I tipped him $10 when I got home. He also helped me with my luggages and he was very courteous.

When I got home then it is now true that I am home at last. I have to pinch myself several times. I excitedly opened my apartment's door and had noticed that the top lock was open except the lower lock which was locked. I just brushed off my suspicion at the back of my head but it really bothers me a lot.

I went in to the apartment and placed my luggages at the living room and then I went to my room to turn on the laptop (my usual habit or routine when arriving home) and then I realized that the laptop was magically gone at it's majestic place on my bedside table. I then panicked and don't know what to do. I felt blank that time and was shuddering slightly inside my own apartment.

I then checked some of my properties inside the room and I noticed that there's a lot of things missing. I lastly checked the investment jewelry box under my bed hidden in a shoebox and had realized that it stolen and gone. Then boom...... a sudden shock had consumed or attacked me because the thief had taken the investment jewelry box (which is full of my investment jewelries). And it was a horrible feeling to see my room in disarray.

I shuddered badly alone in my room and rationally think what to do. I decided to call 911 and reported about my discovery, the theft, etc. The police came after three hours then asked me a lot of questions and had recorded a lot of queries pertaining to the burglary. She then instructed me what to do next and told me to wait for a call from their office for the fingerprinting of all the stuff in my house that can link for the the occurrence of the crime.

I then went outside and went to my landlord's house and told him what had happened. He was also shocked initially and told me that everything was just plain crazy and simply shocking. He told me that he had no idea of this very thing and had promised to help me with my enormous problems. He then went to my apartment and checked everything and he told me that the thief went into my bedroom's window. He also noticed that the window locks were open and I told him that I never closed the locks especially during those hot summer days..

My head was still riling from the long hours trip from Paris CDG to LAX and now this burglary case had greeted me condescendingly, mocking me that I deserved it despite of my happy and funny experiences in Europe. You know what.... I was contemplating that may be the thief was just living with us because nobody can pass through those two dogs. So technically, the dog's might probably know him.

Well, sorry for my angry mood. I just arrived from Paris yet my homecoming was highly unlikely not a welcome homecoming. My apartment was been burglarized and this greeted me during my official homecoming. It was unfortunate that this happens to me yet I was still shock about it.

At least I arrived in Los Angeles in a better condition and hopefully this burglary will be solved eventually. I am here to savor my homecoming day and not ruin or spoil it. Things happens for a reason and for sure I will find it out soon.

I am glad I'm back here in Los Angeles despite of the shocking scene that greeted me but I'm here ready to go back to work, rumble, and kick some ass....... as well as accept the reality that I will be busy in the following weeks. Aaaah..... it's nice to be back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment