Friday, October 21, 2011

Marseille Trip

October 19, 2011: Well, I woke up quite shaken on a Wednesday morning in Aix after a days rest from my very hectic vacation in Paris and Barcelona. Finally I was in Aix resting up my sore feet for a day and picked up my emails as well as responded to them. I also posted some few blogs in my blog site which I did not entered since June and also posted some pics of my adventures in Facebook. Got the time to update everything after a week's absence.

I also watched some on my favorite Filipino telenovelas. The one that I am eagerly trying to see and follow is the "100 Days To Heaven" which is almost close to it's end. I got to see a glimpse of it in a few minutes because the signal at Doreen's apartment is very bad. At least I get to know the jist of the novela which I will surely see in marathon when I get back to Los Angeles.

Today,me and Doreen woke up late at 0900H to go to Marseille because my friend will be having a bone biopsy. I am so worried with her because of her state of condition although she says she's okay. I am here to give her a moral support whatever it will become. That's all I can offer for her for now because I think she just doesn't to get me worried. Honestly, I am very worried about her.

We left Aix at 1000H because her appointment will be at 1130H. We took the Metro from her place going to Centerville then walked a little bit to the bus station going to Marseille. The ride to Marseille was about less than twenty minutes and it was uneventful.

Wwe got to Marseille early so we still have time to take pictures at the Central Bus Station and at the streets and subways of Marseille as well as the sceneries nearby. We took a subway going to the hospital and we came out near the La Concepcion Hospital.

We then went to locate the Radiology and Imaging Department then register for Doreen's appointment. She was then helped and prepared for the biopsy at the scanner room and I waited patiently outside the room. It was a boring and long wait yet my apprehensions and worries were surmounting for my beloved friend. I was wishing and hoping to all the saints that I've known seeking and pleading help for her wellness. I wished I could be at her side at that moment yet nobody is allowed to be there except for the patient.

The procedure lasted almost like two hours and when she got out of the room it was almost 1400H. She was quite limping and grimacing slyly when she got out of the scanner room trying to hide her pain with her impish smile. I was quite worried about her so I asked her if she's ok or did she had her last pain injection before she got out of the room, or does she need to rest for a while, or was she hungry. I was the one worried for her like a wrecked and disoriented psycho.

I asked her about the procedure if it was painful. She then blurted into a loud laugh and told me that it was ticklish. I told her if she had an idea how big the needle it was used because I know it's as big as a pencil although she'll get an anesthesia yet it looks gruellingly painful for me. She was just smiling and balling at my apprehensions.

In a few minutes, her French friend Catherine came to pick us up. She'll be heading to Aix so she volunteered to gave us a ride to prevent Doreen to walk so much after the biopsy procedure. The drive back to Aix was fast and uneventful with Doreen talking and entertaining Catherine while she was driving. I listened to them talking in French and I was so fascinated with the accent they are exchanging. It was just a classical music to my ears.

When we got to Aix's Centerville, we went down the car and thanked Catherine greatly for the nice and smooth drive. We then walked up a little bit around the place and looked for something to eat. We went to "The Cupcake Place" and ordered a salad and bagel sandwich stuffed with veggies and roast beef. After we stuffed ourselves we then went to the supermarket and bought some ingredients for the chopsuey which we will intend to cook for dinner.

We hurriedly shopped for those ingredients because Shelley will pick us up at the supermarket because she was on her way to pick up her car at the Mercedes dealership after it was ready for some minor repairs.

At the car, Shelley was asking Doreen about the biopsy looking so apprehensive like me. Then there were the two of us worried about her. She says and assured us that she was okay although she has quite a little pain felt because the pain medicine she took earlier was weaning down.

When we arrived at her appartment I made sure she was rested well while I do the cooking. I made sure she took her medicine and made her settled but she still kept yacking and talking at me. She told me that the pain was very imminent now and I told her that it's like that because of the boring process they did to her pelvic bone to take the specimen. It will probably take a day or two for the pain to go away.

After I finished cooking the chopsuey we then have dinner and talked a little bit more then I advised her to get some rest while I do some uploading of my pics in Facebook.

It was quite a very anxious trip because of Doreen's fragile condition yet I am hoping the result will be promising when it will be revealed in ten days. Another challenging day for us yet we got to face it and managed to make some intelligent humor to it. That's quite a brave way of facing challenges in life and it was effective after all.

1 comment:

  1. I booked this tour online through the recommendation of another group who also booked it.
    Gaetane and I corresponded regarding dates, times, prices and our limitations due to having to be back to the ship on time. Gaetane was very supportive and flexible with the tour itinerary, we came to a very easy agreement www.privatetoursinistanbul.com We had two vans totally 14 people. We visited two wineries, both set in beautiful countryside. The wine owners gave us a wonderful explanation of their production and grape growing and let us drink really good wine. Everyone had a terrifice and jovial time.
    We then had time in Aix-en-Provence to have lunch and look around on our own. We were then driven back to the ship arriving with lots of time to spare
    I highly recommend Gaetane and the Provence Wine Tours. We couldn't have had a more wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete