Friday, October 21, 2011

Dinner With Shelley And Michael

October 21, 2011: The day started late because I woke up late on this average Friday morning. Rosalie came early to help Doreen clean Shelley's house. I was stuck at Doreen's apartment doing nothing so I decided to cook both of them lunch.

I sauteed some chicken with garlic and onion and boiled it until it becomes tender then added some potatoes and carrots and topped it with cabbage. I also heated the chicken estofado I did couple days ago and cooked some rice. At lunch time we shared the food and exchanged jokes. Then the two continued what they were doing, doing some housekeeping job.

Since I have a lot of time, I decided to make some blogs for my blog site and I can't believe I made three long blogs about my journey to France. I think I was so inspired to chronicle what I had experienced the previous weeks. Well, at least I have something to look into when I grow old and remember or reminisce all I did during that certain trip. Quite convenient huh.

At 1800H Shelley went to the apartment and out of the blue told Doreen that we will go out to eat dinner for Michael's advance birthday celebration because we will be leaving tomorrow and we will not be seeing them when we come back because they will also travel somewhere in Italy.

It was just a spur of the moment decision so Doreen told me to change because we will be eating out with her boss. Michael drove the Mercedes car towards this very sleek fondue restaurant called "La Table a Fromages". At first the restaurant looks empty with few people inside but when the night gets deeper the restaurant eventually gets packed.

We ordered a very fine and good white wine and a spicy fondue dip and a raclete. The food was very nice and the fondue taste awesome. I just had a raclete so I was kind of adamant to try it but eventually I got to try it because it really taste good.

The raclete uses a stand with an electric burner vertically inclined and a round white cheese cut in half was then spiked across the burner horizontally so that when the cheese melted down the plate it is ready to be eaten and mixed with some bread, processed meats, or veggies. The white cheese was so creamy and not very salty compensating the bland taste of the food.

Whereas the fondue was mixed with three different cheeses spices, and ham. It was very salty yet tasty. We dipped some bread to make it more palatable. It was quite challenging to eat and also messy because the melted cheese became stringy and webby when hauled by the forks towards our respective paltes. It was interesting though.

We talked while eating and it seems that we enjoyed the night judging with our conversation. Michael appears very intellectual and Shelley is more adept on the humor part although Michael also injected some good humor in between the conversation. My friend Doreen was very vocal, too, and laughs the loudest. I was a bit shy joining them in the conversation but eventually I got to contribute some of my experiences in the teaching profession. They're both very intelligent and nice to talk at.

I felt so stuffed with all the food I ate so I declined the dessert part. Actually no one ordered dessert because everyone is tired and eager to go home right away. Michael paid the tab and then we headed home.

The dinner went so well and I got to know Doreen's employer well. They were two gorgeous couple who are very smart and mature as well as professional. I was fortunate enough to have met them and had a very interacting yet intelligent or witty conversation. It's quite a rare opportunity to have a date like this with some famous people in Aix-en-Provence of all places.

We arrived home safe and sound and at last I got to blog this beautiful experience despite of a very dragging day. Tomorrow, we will start another leg of our journey and I can't wait to have it done. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment