Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Busy Streets Of Hongkong

It was a very hot Saturday of February 26 when we (me and my little sister) left Manila for Hongkong at 2 pm. The airport was very crowded and the hustle-and-bustle of the people inside was very dizzying to my head.

Despite of this, I am more eager to leave the traffic and pollution of Manila and see what's Hongkong has to offer to us. They say Hongkong is a very progressive country famous for it's tall buildings and busy subways. Well, I still don't know what's in store for us there yet I have a feeling that it will be fun.

When we landed at Hongkong International Airport I was so excited to see the beautiful airport and the nice people around. Despite of the SARS epidemic that struck the city ten years ago Hongkong was still standing tall and was very promising.

After we successfully passed and cleared the strict scrutiny of the immigration officers we were so happy that we were warmly welcomed in Hongkong with my big sister's two friends who happened to be my high school batchmate and my little sister's high school batchmate also. What a coincidence!

We took a fifteen-minute bus ride to Wanchai where we had our hotel reservations. We checked-in at the hotel then we took off and started our day. The tall buildings were very scary to look at yet it had helped draped the city with cool breeze because of it's dark shades yet the thick visibility of the smog couldn't be denied.

The traffic was so busy and the buses as well as the trolleys hyperactively roll on the narrow streets and railways yet the pollution was not that imminent compared to in Manila, but it's still obvious because of the thick smog. Hongkong indeed is another thrilling place to discover for me.

We ate at a Chinese restaurant eating dimsum then we headed to Time Square and roam around there perusing the business center of Central Hongkong. When we got tired of roaming Time Square we took the subway going back to Wanchai and our guide was lost and had us walked further and further which had made us tired more and more.

We went back to our hotel very tired and waited for my big sister to come after her work was done. She (my big sister)is working in Hongkong as a domestic helper for a long time and that's the reason why I decided to go to Hongkong to visit her as well as enjoy what's Hongkong has to offer to us.

The next day..... we headed to Disneyland and spend our whole day there acting like litlle children believing in fantasy and having so much fun. Disneyland is the place to make believe and be like a child again. We all had a blast taking the rides, watching the shows, eating and dining, snapping pictures, perusing the whole perimeter, and watching fireworks and light shows. It was a fun yet tiring day but we all had a blast!

After we got out of Disneyland we went to the Tung Jun and met some of my sister's bestfriends at the Bulldogs Bar, sipping hard drinks and eating "pulutan" as well as listen to a live band and chatted with each other on the top of our voices.

After closing time we then headed back to the hotel and rested our fatigue off peacefully so that the next day we will feel refreshed and active again for another round of adventure.

The next day we spent the whole morning shopping at the financial distict at the IFC Mall and also snapped some more pictures of the harbor as seen from the financial center's tower. I had took a lot of beautiful pictures for my online Facebook albums.

Then in the afternoon we went to Oceanpark and spent the whole afternoon roaming around the place, riding cable cars, watching the dolphin shows as well as meet the beautiful pandas, dine at their famous underwater restaurant as well as watched some of the endagered species of fish at their huge underground aquarium.

Wow...... Hongkong was very exciting to visit at and I did enjoyed my three day respite there despite of some inevitable setbacks yet we still able to had fun, sit back, and relaxed peacefully and enjoyably.

Aaaah..... I am so blessed to have visited this sprawling and progressive city. I know I had a very rewarding visit yet a very memorable one. I have to say thanks to my big sister and her best friends for the warm welcome they've shared us. Luv u guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment