Saturday, March 5, 2011

Awesome Island Of Bohol

It was an impulsive decision to take a day and spent a very relaxing visit to the countryside especially in the remote yet beautiful place like Bohol.

I was probably bored of the busy street of Manila so I decided to purchase three tickets to Bohol thinking to bring some of my close friends to make the adventure more fun. So they say, "The more the merrier."

Leaving Manila on a wee hours of a Thursday morning of February 24, me, my little sister, and my boyfriend took a domestic flight down south of the Philippine islands via a Tagbilaran city flight. It was a direct flight and it was a smooth sailing one. There were a lot of passengers eager to see what Bohol had in store for us that day.

When we landed at the city of Tagbilaran, the sun had greeted us with a warm welcome and the morning fog had kissed the green meadows near the airport. It was a cold morning yet a very promising one. The weather was nice although humid but better than the rainy weather in Manila. It was a perfect day for us to roam around the whole island.

Upon picking up our luggages and coming out of the airport I immediately look for a ride-to-hire van willing enough to tour us around the island. I eagerly negotiated an amiable guy with a van at a very reasonable price so we immediately took off and started our whole day's sojourn.

We went to see the haven of Tarsiers in Baclayon after we ordered a breakfastr take-out at McDonald's in Tagbilaran, which is the sprawling capital of Bohol.

Tarsiers I believe were nocturnal animals and the smallest primates ever discovered and I've seen with my two naked eyes. I think they were a mix of owls and monkeys combined. These teeny-little creatures were so adorable yet very evasive. We can't even touch them or else they will morph. Our driver had already warne dus in the van not to touch them so I just kept snapping pictures of the tarsiers for my online mementos.

Next stop was the statue which replicated the blood compact done on the shores of Bohol during the Spanish invasion of the Philippines. We also snapped some pictures there then we headed to see and check out the miraculous church of Baclayon famous for it's American era priest calle dPadre Pio who was claimed to appear in some of the nooks of the church. The church was also full of religious artifacts for us to see and untold stories for us to hear and listen.

We then headed to the inner most part of the island and had passed the man-made rainforest and ziplined on the top of the hill. It was super fun to have done all those gut-wrenching activities.

After that we headed to see the global phenomenon and the famous spot that Bohol must be proud of...... the notorious chocolate hills of Bohol.

It was an awesome site to see see the chocolate hills which were sitting side-by-side with each other forming a line of intricate rounds of ground soil. It was very captivating and unbelievable to see the synchronized land formations. I can't stop snapping the best pictures for my online blogs.

After we saw the chocolate hills it was almost noon so we headed back to Tagbilaran and passed by the hanging bridge then went for a lunch on a river tour at Loboc river. The lunch was so cool because we we eating while the raft was floating on the river and along the banks were stationed some of the serenaders for the tourist.

Tourism in Bohol was very organized and I admire their tenacity to present their place to the tourist and the locals. After lunch we tried to buy for our souvenirs and and went to see the Hinagdanan cave then we went to Panglao island to check in at the hotel.

After checking in and resting for a little bit me and my boyfriend peruse the beautiful white sandy beach shore and snapped more pictures for our remembrance of the beautiful beachfront. Then we went back to the hotel and rested for the night.

The next day we started our tour driving around Panglao island and checked the smallest person in the world named Boyoyong. I also took some pictures of him for my online album.

We then went to see the Peacock garden Resort and peruese the multimillion estate as well as ate lunch at there famous restaurant. The estate was very secured and nice. The tour guide had done her best to market the beautiful and plush place to us. We were in awe of the luxurious mansion and the inside antique collectibles hanged on the walls dated wayback the Spanish era.

After we spend so much time at the estate we were ran out of time so we decided to stop by the mall and sippe dsome coffee. We were not able to see the falls told to us by the driver because of the time constraints. Well, I might probably be back there and see it next time.

We went back to Manila very tired but with a big smile on our face because we had spent so much fun in Bohol and never lagged to waste it. Haaay..... how I wish I am free now from the reins of my job and live peacefully in the countryside like Bohol. Hopefully, I will achieve it someday.

Bohol had kept it's promise to us and I will never forget this exciting yet rewarding experience. Thank you people of Bohol from the bottom of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment