Saturday, August 7, 2010

Life's Analogy

They say life can be compared to a lot of things. And it depends on a persons interpretation how to get some lessons from it. I've been living beyond my prime now and I always never stop learning every day. Every day is always a learning process for me.

This process had made me strong enough to be a man. A person I am now. I am happy with what God had inspired me, my parents had taught me, my teachers had instilled in me, my friends had influenced me, and the people around me who gave me something to pick up along the way which had made me into what I am. Never been better had I not learned from them and I am thankful for what they are never the less.

There are two analogies about life I am going to lay out here now. This is a more simple analogy which needs a lot of understanding, yet sensitive enough for us to learn upon. The complexities of the lessons is beyond compare and I hope this will instill more wisdom to each one of us to get inspired and keep learning every day.

Life can be compared to an empty glass. It is hallow and void. It is pristine inside. It needed to be filled up constantly in order to get full. Every day life is not easy. We tend to pick up some lessons to learn day by day.

As we fill the empty glass with drops of water, each drop represents the lessons we've learned every day and picked up along the way. We never stopped learning until we are satisfied like filling that empty glass with drops of water up to the brim until it overflows.

Each level represents our stages in life. From childhood to adulthood until we get old. And as we fill our life with lessons learned every day we tend to develop the wisdom as we grow old. Life is always a learning process. We never stop learning each day until we understand about ourselves.

Learning each day is always a struggle. Sometimes we tend to hurry up by opening our faucets full blast in order to fill our empty glass right away. This makes it a lot complicated because we tend to drown ourselves without control. Sometimes we take time by filling our glass with drops of water and this makes our tasks more calm and slow thereby picking up the lessons easily. It makes our life more controlled and programmed.

Our life depends on how we fill our glass with water but for sure I know we never stop learning each day and the method you learn depends on how you pace yourself whether opening the faucet full blast or opening it drop by drop.

Another comparison I wanted to share is a burning candle. Standing tall at first and all melted when being used up. A candle can be scented or just plain bland or may be plain white or colorful. Life can also be like the candle, white or colorful, scented or bland but it all depends on how we use it up.

As we burn the candle we are also getting to the end of our life. We can burn it fast by putting a lot of oxygen or air inside the room to make the combustion rapid or place the candle inside a votive to melt it slowly. We can lit the candle all night long to finish it up or we can put it up from time to time when we only need it until it's done.

As we grow, our life depends on how we handle our own candles. We can abuse our body and infuse a lot of things in it to make it worn out. Like drinking alcohol or eating non-nutritious foods which can clog up our arteries thereby making us sick. Or we can take care of it by pampering ourselves and eat a balance diet and live a healthy lifestyle.

Which ever way you choose it all depends on you. Life is just an empty glass waiting to be filled up with water until it overflows or a burning candle that is melting up to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment