Friday, August 6, 2010

If It Meant To Be, It Will Be Yours

I was so worried about my fate for my pre-employment application last week at Long Beach Memorial Medical Center. Because of one slight mistake I almost slipped my chance to get in that prestigious and well-known hospital. Thank God I finally got it.....

Last week was a crappy week for me. My mind was been reeling until now and I cannot concentrate well because I was so worried about the opportunity that I almost lost from the palm of my hands. Good thing God had answered all my fervent prayers.

After my pre-employment physical examination a week ago, I went to my audiologist and had fixed my hearing aid which had almost stalled my physical examination clearance at the hospital.

My audiologist had fixed the problem and I have to wait for another week to come back at the hospital for another check-up appointment to finalize everything and to be cleared for the job I applied.

When I came back this Wednesday at the hospital I was so nervous and frightful. This was my last chance to be cleared for the said job and I was so anxious and worried that time. The employee health doctor had scheduled me for another audio exam in order to be cleared.

At 12:30 pm the certified audio technician performed my hearing test with and without the hearing aid and fortunately I passed it. I was so nervous that time and didn't stop praying to the Lord to help me for the last time.

I was so relieved and happy when I got a positive result. The employee health doctor had cleared me after the test was done and at last the thorn that got stuck on my throat was been extricated right there and then. Thank God!

Now the next goal will be to prepare for my hospital orientation next week and work on my schedule at the emergency room before I go on my one week vacation at Dominican Republic to volunteer for the children at the orphanage.

One more thing I needed to tell you was about my prayer I've fervently asked from the Infant Jesus of Prague. I've asked him to give me a single and definite sign if the job was really meant for me. I told him that if the job is not meant for me, I will personally accept it wholeheartedly.

One day before my second visit for the clearance at the employee health my previous subject at my child advocacy work had visited me unexpectedly at my apartment asking me for help because he has a very complicated problem with his family.

I helped him without any qualms and went to their home to check out what had happened following the protocols from the advocacy office. Good thing it was a minor problem which I fixed immediately.

When I was driving home I've realized that that was the sign I've asked from God. Despite of my feelings about what had happened last week I am still not feeling well and confident about the outcome the next day.

Well, here we are I got the job successfully despite the little glitch and I am about to start at that hospital I've dreamed to work with and share my talents in caring for the pediatric patients in the emergency room.

I was so ecstatic when I heard that I've passed the pre-employement exam. I am so excited to start for my orientation on Monday. And I cannot wait to join the hospital's massive health work force. Yay!

I know I had hurdled the first test, and I know there will still be more test ahead of me. I don't know what they are though. I hope my courage will not taper abruptly to face all these challenges in order for me to serve my patients well.

With all the unexpected challenges and nerve-wracking tests I've had these previous weeks I hope I will be more willing to be open and honest despite of my weaknesses.

I know I cannot do this without God's guidance. And I am always in trust with Him who always provides me with a progressive and productive life and challenging tests I had encountered.

I always believed that God doesn't give us heavy task to hurdle. It is us who always weighed our loads as a heavy one despite we can tackle it by ourselves easily.

God doesn't want us to get exhausted with our own problems but that's always the mistake we always do. We couldn't do our task without God's help. And what He wants us to realize is that not all of the tasks we met we can accomplish, that's why failure in our lives are always normal occurences.

In the end, if things are really meant to be then you can have it. And we must thank the Lord God for it whether we win or fail. We must count not just our blessings but also our failures. And we have to be thankful for them because they make up our fragile life.

Hope this will give you another lesson for this day. Thanks for your patience in coming here and reading my boring blogs. Hehehe. Salam!

No comments:

Post a Comment