Friday, May 14, 2010

Sojourn 6: Rest Day

May 12, 2010: Today is rest day for me. Doreen still has to work today and I opted to stay at home after two days of roaming around the town of Aix. I probably got tired of strolling around.

I just double checked all my emails and listened to the news about the recently concluded Philippine elections at Doreen's MacBook from Pinoy24.com site. It's good to know the recent trend of the election results and at least got updated of the current situations there.

I woke up at 9:00 am because Doreen had told me the previous night that Shelly (her lady boss) might need my help in picking up the two wicker chairs she had left at a place in downtown Aix for repair. I took a warm shower after that and then waited for Shelly to knock at the door.

At past 11:00 am Shelly knocked at the door and then we left going to the downtown area to pick up the chairs. On our way there she started to open up some conversation and had asked me about my trip and the different places I've been during this vacation. She also suggested some good places where to go to visit and enjoy for the most of my vacation.

When we got at the place she talked to the guy who repaired the two wicker chairs and immediately paid him for the labor. The guy's teenager son had helped us up put the two chairs inside the car. Hmmm....... the son was so goodlooking I couldn't resist looking at his deep aqua eyes and innocent smiles. I didn't made it obvious for him to notice me or else he will be embarrassed at me.

After Shelly paid the guy we left the place then went back to the house. I helped Shelly bring the two wicker chairs inside the house then the electrician (the one who came the other day after I got out of the shower) came and spoked to Shelly about the repair of the main gate.

After that I went back at Doreen's apartment and went online to chat with my best friend from Rizal to pass the times while waiting for Doreen to come home. I was waiting for Doreen to come back from work at 3:00 pm then we'll go to Centerville after that to meet some of her visiting friends from Bringnone.

When Doreen came home past three we boarded a bus going to Centerville to meet Mayra and Manny (her friends who's visiting from Bringnone). Good thing the two brought their Land Rover (owned by their boss) so it was easy for us to roam around.

We then went at Patty's place (who lived annex at Beverly's house) then had a pasta dinner there. Patty prepared some spaghetti with steam lobster in white Alfredo sauce. We stayed over until the wee hours drinking wine, talking each other, laughing and giggling at each other,  and then singing karaoke. We had a lot of fun even though we just met the first time.

Doreen's friends were so cool and nice to get along with. They're the ones without any qualms and drama. I liked them so much. We had so much fun sipping wine and do a lot of singing that we didn't even noticed it was already 2:00 am when we culminated the fun and party.

We went back at Doreen's apartment after the party then we went to sleep because got tired from the very long day. I had so much fun that day even though it was my rest day. As if it's not a rest at all.

Mayra and Manny had to stay with us for two days so we still had a lot of fun while getting to know each other together. I am glad I had met such fabulous and cool people during my vacation here in France.

My goal in coming here is not only to check out beautiful places but to make good friends at the same time. And I had fulfilled that goal so far. Thank God I had bumped such good peole amidst the numerous fun moments I've experienced and the beautiful places I've visited.

Hopefully, this vacation will be more fruitful, fun, and memorable one for me if God willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment