Monday, May 24, 2010

Sojourn 11: Au Revoir Aix-en-Provence

May 17, 2012: In my two weeks stay in France there were some words that really intrigued me. Although I don't know how to speak it fluently I still understand how it means.

I know how to say "Thank you" which is "Merci", I know how to say "How much?" which is "Combien?", and I know how to address madam or sir. But the one that really rings in my ear is the word "Au Revoir" which to them is being spoken as "Aaaah-vhua" which technically means "Goodbye".

In this blog I just wanted to say goodbye to Aix-en-Provence because of the good memories it had given me during my one week stay here. It was full of unforgettable memories that really affected and effected me a lot during this stay.

I will miss the Centerville, I will miss the bus ride, I will miss the pizzeria at the corner, I will miss the Gellato shop, I will miss the delicious crepes near the Tourism Office, and I will miss the pretty fountains scattered every where the town. I will also miss everything I saw there, the nice, gorgeous, and beautiful people, and the beautiful architectural structures around.

I woke up in early in the morning and started packing all the stuff that I bought and my clothes. I managed to stuff everything inside my luggages. It was impossible to stuff everything but I managed to do it. Yay!

After that I took a bus towards Centerville to change some of my dollar money to buy some more things to bring for my friends and students in school and work. I didn't know that it was market day at the Centerville but it was just timely because I got to buy some homemade soap fresh from France. I also bought some lavender oil for my cousin Val.

Then I met Doreen at the Tourism Office after her work and we had our last lunch together. Then we took a taxi home because Pacita will gonna pick us up and drop me off at the train station at Gare Lyon. I was already anxious that time because I will be leaving the place I considered home for two weeks.

Of all the things that I hate is to say goodbye. I feel so emotional everytime I say goodbye to my friends and the people that quite made an impact to me.

I went to say goodbye to Shelly (Doreen's lady boss) and gave her my thank you card. I thanked her for letting me stay with Doreen and let Doreen spend her precious time while I am here with her. It was a very emotional moment we had. She told me that I am always welcome to come back which I told her I will do next year.

Then Pacita came and picked us up. Doreen came with us and waited for me until the train had arrived thirty minutes late. Doreen left me her phone to give it to Matleen once I get to Paris. When the train arrived I hugged Doreen and Pacita and thanked them for everything. Doreen and I were very emotional that time but we have to separate and say our goodbyes.

The train ride to Paris was almost three hours long and I arrived in Paris close to midnight. I was picked up by Matleen there patiently waiting for me at the train station. It was so unfortunate that Matleen had lost her celfone that time that's why she haven't called me when I arrived there. Good thing Doreen had given me her celfone which I handed to Matleen.

It was timely that Doreen called when I got there and had told Matleen that she spoked to the guy who had picked her celfone which the guy had promised to return to Matleen once she's ready to pick it up. Thank heavens it was found. Yay!

We lined up for the taxi which the line was very long and we went straight ahead to Matleen's place. I just had a long day and I was very very tired that time so I went to sleep right away.

I really missed Aix-en-Provence and it really hurts to say goodbye to this beautiful place which served as my second home during my two weeks vacation. Au revoir Aix-en-Provence. I can't forget you in my mind. Thanks for the memorable experiences you've given me.

I promise to be back again next year and savor your beauty and warmth. This is a promise I need to keep and fulfill. See you next year Aix-en-Provence!

No comments:

Post a Comment