Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sojourn 1: Flight To Paris

This is the snippets of the blogs about my two weeks sojourn to France. I will try my very best to document everything recalling all the good memories and happenings that I did during the whole vacation.

Hopefully, I can write everything here and will help myself recall all my happy and unforgettble moments about this trip.

May 4, 2010: I started the first day of my vacation to Europe specifically in France. I was invited by my best friend from college last year to visit France and immediately I said yes and didn't turned down the offer.

This vacation was supposed to be done last year but because of my mom's passing away I postponed it for eleven months and now I can't believe I will embark for a two weeks vacation to France. It was unbelievable but it all started this day.

I left Los Angeles early in the morning at 6:50 am to be picked up by the shuttle (Supershuttle) to LAX Airport. Although my flight is yet to start boarding at 10:25 am I have to leave early in the morning in anticipation for the baggage check-in and the airport security inspection.

I have to leave my car at the apartment and took the shuttle to the airport because it is more convenient for me to be dropped off at the airport by the shuttle instead of leaving my car at the airport parking lot which will cost me so much money. So I have to booked my shuttle pass a day before the pick-up.

When I was been picked-up, the shuttle has to pick-up another passenger near La Cienega area then we headed to the airport after that. When we got to the airport I lined up myself immediately for the baggage check-in and retrieved my boarding pass which didn't even took that long.

I just have to do punch in my confirmation number then voila the stickers for the luggages (I checked-in two luggages) and the boarding passes (one going to New York and one to Paris) were been printed out right away. Then an attendant had helped me in checking-in my luggages. It wasn't that much work after all!

After checking-in my luggages I then lined up myself upstairs on the second floor for the strict airport security inspection and the x-ray which took a lot of time because they really tightened the security measures at the airport lately. They have to do this for the safety of all the passengers that are traveling.

Upon passing through the very strict security area I then looked for my assigned boarding gate and waited for the boarding time. We boarded at exactly at 10:15 am.

The flight from Los Angeles to New York via Continental Airlines was a nonstop flight and it took a little more than four hours to arrive in New York. So far the flight was uneventful although it's a little bumpy while the plane was on air.

When I arrived in New York at 6:15 pm Eastern Time I then got out of the gate and checked the monitor for my connection flight to Paris, France. I immediately went to my assigned gate and waited for a little bit less than thirty minutes then the boarding was been started.

The flight to Paris took seven hours and also was uneventful despite of the bad forecast about that volcano that kept spewing thick black smoke in Iceland. We got at Charles de Gaulle (CDG) airport in Paris, France safe and free from harm's way.

The airport was a small one and was so quiet and not that busy after all when I got out of the gate. I then went down to the baggage claim area to retrieve my luggages direct from LAX then went up to the second floor to meet up with my best friend from college who will pick me up.

When I saw Doreen we were laughing and hugging at each other. She asked me about the condition of the flight despite of the volcano forecast and I told her that it was okay.

We then boarded a Metro train leaving CDG airport and going to metro Paris where we will be staying at her friend's place near the Eiffel Tower area at Champs du Mars Place.

It was a very joyful reunion after all despite not seeing each other for eighteen years right after we got out of college. I was very happy now that I've seen and hugged my best friend.

Thanks for inviting and accommodating me to France!

No comments:

Post a Comment