Saturday, April 24, 2010

Woke Up Sore

Hello guys. It's Saturday today and I woke up so sore on this very cold Spring morning. I am so sore but it's okay because I deserve it.

I've been hiking for two days already for the first time after three years and yesterday was my rest day. I put up a one day off for a rest because I started to feel sore. I took some pain pills yesterday but when I woke up this morning I still feel sore. Probably it got shocked from too much walking.

I stretched out real good after waking up then I felt good after that. I also took a warm shower to loosen up all my muscles and make it relaxed. It really felt good. Probably I got sore because my room was very cold this morning when I woke up. All the lactic acid was kinda frozen in my muscles and got locked up. After I loosened up everything went fine and the soreness went away like magic. I felt good really!

So today, I planned to do cardio exercises today at the gym to keep my exercise habit that I just restarted this week flowing. Hopefully, this will be a veru good and healthy hobby and not a responsibility although I am still responsible for making a healthy lifestyle.

I felt so accountable in losing weight after putting so much pounds lately. I really have to blame it on myself and no one else. I kind of being lax in doing exercises for three years because I really can't stand the pain after doing them.

Just like yesterday the soreness really killed me. I felt so sleepy during my clinicals and also sore at the same time. It was really embarrassing to my students but I didn't make it so obvious for them to notice. But honestly I really struggled.

Good thing I am off today so I will just do some slight cardio today, eat lite, and study for my neonatal certification to be held on Wednesday. I have to focused studying for the whole day because I will be having another clinical tomorrow and Monday and Tuesday I will just review some of the stuff.

It's good that I have started exercising lately. I went back at my PCP's office yesterday and I picked up the lab results she did during my annual check up. My total cholesterol was slightly up but my individual HDL and LDL are within normal range. It seems that exercise will really help me lower this down. And now, there's no more looking back. Now, I have to maintain this and make it as a hobby. Just like drinking water. Hahaha.

My goal exactly for exercising regularly is to lose weight and live healthy. I hope I can discipline myself for that. And I really have to start it for myslef. I have to really do it on my own and nothing else. And that's the biggest struggle for me right now because I don't have any motivation at all. That's the biggest problem for me.

Cutting on my cravings will be a big struggle, too. I have a sweet tooth and I know it will be a huge struggle to curtail that. That means I really have to stick to my goals and have to give it up fully. I gonna miss cheescakes, mint chips ice cream, diet cokes, coffee and cream, and all the goodies. Waaaah.

Hopefully, I started on the right foot and I will be on the right way. The soreness is just another hindrance for me to really feel the rigors of acchieving a healthy lifestyle. And for sure there will be more challenges ahead. Like I said before, "No pain, no gain" and that really proves that I have to really work it out in order to achieve my very ultimate goals.

There's no easy way towards achieving your goals but everyone must go in the eye of the needle. And we have to really earn it to achieve success after all. Good luck to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment