Saturday, April 24, 2010

On A Very Quiet Saturday Afternoon

It was Saturday today and I have to go to school to prepare the packet for Batch 16's orientation day tomorrow at Catered Manor in Long Beach.

I had made all the necessary work at school for about two hours then after that I have to go the my nursing registry office for my job appointment. I had bump on my bestfriend at school today. She just had her mom burried a few days ago so I have to talk to her for a while and asked her if she's okay.

After I am done preparing the packet I left the school at around 2:30 pm then I headed to Long Beach downtown, passing that green steel bridge from San Pedro, where the nursing registry office was located. I submitted the rest of my health requirements then had a urine drug screen done and have my employee ID made.

After I left the registry office I drove around the downtown area and decided to go to the Aquarium of the Pacific to see some very nice sceneries. I ended up parked at the Pierpoint landing instead. The reason I wanted to be there is to see the Queen Mary ship from the other side of the bank. I didn't even realized that the landing has a towering lighthouse on top of the hill. I love lighthouses a lot! I felt a lot at ease right now when I can see one. It's my refuge!

When I got there at the landing I didn't even know that I can see different beautiful sceneries at different sides or angles. The place was full of good sceneries to see and watch. There's the famous Queen Mary ship which is so huge like a Titanic that sank in the Arctic circle in the 1800's, the Pierpoint Landing lighthouse where I didn't even know at first, the Long Beach skylines, the boardwalk and trails at the beach, and several structures like the Sphere, the Anchor, and many more.

The view was very exhilarating, enticing, and riveting. It was very very awesome to see or watch them. There were a lot of people seen around playing in groups or alone, dating contentedly, kissing or smooching at each other so wet, laying on the grass comfortably, running fast, biking cautiously, screaming intently, people fishing at the pier with determination, etc. The place was very strategic because you can see something around and at the four corners from where I am standing. When I turn around I can see a lot of beautiful sites.

I shoot some pictures of pretty much everything. I took the picture of the landing's office, the lighthouse on different angles, the Queen Mary ship at the distance, the yachts at the shipyard, the buildings around, and the famous Parker Lighthouse restaurant and the Melodrama Theater and Comedy Club across the bay.

After touring the place I decided to drive around to eat because I was already hungry. I drove towards the Pike Mall but I ended up at the Aquarium of the Pacific. I decided to roam around first so I decided to park at the parking building which they charge me $7.00 for a parking.

I walked around and also took pictures of everything beautiful for my eyes. I even walked a little bit at the board walk and see people coming back and forth. I can also see the lighthouse and the Queen Mary ship from the boardwalk.

After a little stroll I decided to eat at the Bubba Shrimp, Co. restaurant because I was starving at that moment. I ordered a seafood bucket of steamed shrimps, crab legs, lobster claw, mussel, and clams with Jasmine rice on the side. It was a very very nice seafood restaurant and the people eating there doesn't even mind how you eat your seafoods.

After eating I decided to walk some more at the boardwalk snapping my iPhone camera for more pictures. Then after I got tired I went to the parking structure and drove back to Los Angeles home.

The traffic at North 405 was very very congested so I decided to take an alternate route through La Cienega Blvd. and making a right at Fairfax Ave. going 10 East highway. When I got at the 10 East  Freeway the traffic was even more congested. It was like a ratrace! But what can I do, that's the more convenient way for me. I eventually got home after fighting myself to get through the traffic again.

When I got home I opened my laptop right away and uploaded all the pictures that I've took to share it to my online friends. It took me several hours to upload because I forgot how to retrieve it from my iPhone so I decided to upload then individually from iPhone.

It was a very awesome Saturday off that I had. I really enjoyed it especially when I was at the landing and at the aquarium. Observing people enjoying the sceneries was really cool to watch. It got me infected!

At least I get to discover another lighthouse which is really my favorate place. It was just a coincidence but I was really happy seeing one. I had some pix collections of it and I cannot trade that collection to anybody else.

It's good that I have enjoyed my Saturday off alone. At least I have amused myself of some beautiful sceneries that are just sitting around the corner which now I know despite I've lived around the vicinity for nine long years.

Had I did n't decide to roam around the downtown Long Beach area I haven't seen all these gorgeous places I 've never seen. At least I've got to explore the allure and beauty of Long Beach. If given a chance to come back here I will probably come back here again with a special someone to enjoy the beauty of nature.

Thank you all for everything and for your continued support for this blog site. From the bottom of my heart thank you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment