Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Oh What A Happy Day!

I woke up this morning at 6 am in preparation for my NRP Renewal Class to be held at 9 am in Pasadena, CA at the Lifesaver's Office. I woke up early because I don't want to get caught up with the early morning traffic at the Freeway 110 North.

I arrived at the Lifesaver's Office in Huntington Avenue in Pasadena thirty minutes before the class. I stayed for a little bit inside my car after I parked at the parking lot and reviewed the megacode handouts that was emailed to me by the instructor (Bethanie Christopher RN, BSN, MSN) when I signed up for the class.

Ten minutes before the class I went out of my car and went inside the building to register for today's class. There were only two of us who registered for the class today.

Bethanie, our instructor, instructed us on what to do and what to expect for the whole day. We watched some videos first then answered some questions after each lesson. There were nine lessons to watch and set of questions to answer plus a video for the correct and incorrect megacode.

We finished watching the videos and answering each lesson's questions for an hour. Then after that Bethanie came in to gather all our answer sheets, checked it, and announced to us that luckily we both passed the exams with flying colors. The other participant was a Korean  physician named Dr. Jason T. who worked at a delivery clinic in Wilshire Place.

After the deliberation of our lesson's exams we were set for the next part which are the megacodes. Bethanie gave each one of us pertinent situations then we have to take part roles in coding the baby dummy.

I was assigned to take care of a baby who is meconium stained and I have to do everything including oxygen set-up, correct provision of PPV, deciding when to do CPR, and performing intubation as well as giving medications through the UVC. It was a fun megacode exercise!

By around 11:30 am we were done for our renewal. Bethanie congratulated both of us for passing it then she handed us our certificates and NRP cards. I was so happy that I passed my renewal successfully. At least now I was all done with all my renewals for this year and now I can go for my France's vacation without any worries, thank God.

I left the building and drove back home to Los Angeles. Since it was lunchtime, I  decided to pass by Goodah (a Filipino restaurant) to eat lunch and celebrate my happiness and success for passing my NRP renewal. After lunch I went home and took a little nap before going for my hike at the Hollywood Hills.

I've started exercising last week with rests in between because of the soreness I felt after the hike. Today is my third day of hiking and it seems that I am no longer huffing and puffing when I go uphill and downhill unlike last week which was very apparent. It seems that the hiking was so effective to me now. I really felt so light now and no more soreness at all. I hope I can continue this now as a means of getting myself into a healthful living and lifestyle.

My goals for losing weight was eventually at hand and very evident. I hope I will have the guts to continue this and make it as a religious and continuous habit. Please pray for me my dear friends. Thank you in advance.

I decided to hike up around the hills and and it took me close to three hours hiking around the uphill and downhill of the famous Hollywood Hills. The windy and sunny weather was also cooperating to me at least. It was really a good hike today and I felt very very happy.

I went home at around 4:30 pm after the hike and I passed by Smart 'n Final after that to buy some fruits because I already ran out of apple, bananas, and grapes. I also grabbed a bag of Parisian mixed salad for my lunch tomorrow. I started to eat fruits and vegetables since I started exercising to help me achieve my goals in losing weight. Hopefully this will work good eventually.

Yeah, it was really a fun and happy day not to forget that it was a very fulfilling one because I had achieved all my goals for today with fruition. I really felt no soreness at all  after my fulfilling hike at the hills. Yay! I hope this will turn out a lot productive eventually and hopefully it will.

I am so happy and excited to see the unexpected result in a month's time. If I have my druthers, I hope when  I go to France next week I will find time to continue exercising there so as not to break the continuity of my exercise routines, if God willing. That's the spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment