Thursday, April 15, 2010

Mission Accomplished

It was a very hectic day today. I had planned out my goals earlier this morning despite of the nagging headache I got from being up so late but it ends all happily after all.

Yeah, everything that I had set out for today was been done except for the packing for the flight tomorrow. But oh well, that will be taken cared of later. Anyway I only have to stay there for four days without even doing nothing aside from roaming around and enjoying my time away from the heckles of the hectic and busy life in Los Angeles.

The line at the post office earlier was very long, considering that it was the last day for filing the income tax. People were giddily rushing through the windows at the Post Office until the last minute to drop off their tax reviews/returns. It's still be a long day until midnight so I will expect that the line will be more thicker and packed later at night time after office hours. Good thing I was just there to drop off the letter for my 403B company cash distribution form application.

I can't really understand why people waited for the last minute to send their tax returns and suffer the crowded and noisy lobby of the Post Office as well as the adrenaline rush that emanates in that building. It was really unnerving to see people seeing in their haste and looking so harrassed and distressed. It also stressed me out seeing them like that.

First off this morning I passed by the Hollywood Community Hospital to drop my application for the emergency department. Apparently the administrator was out of town so I handed the application to the secretary at the office. I will probably expect him to call me when he gets back.

Then it was lunch time when I left the hospital so I decided to grab some light lunch. I drove about a mile towards east of Sunset Blvd. then made a right to Vermont Avenue going south and stopped at Yoshinoya at the corner of Melrose and Vermont Avenue. I ordered some beef bowl and I blanketed it with some pickled red ginger, sprinkled it with flaked red pepper then ate it heartily just to fill my stomach with the hot food.

After my lunch, I headed about one fifth mile east of Melrose Avenue then made a right on Virgil Street going south passing my previous hospital which is The Shriner's Hospital for Disabled Children then continued driving about one-and-a-half-mile towards east of Wilshire Blvd. then made a right of Westlake Street and turned left on 7th Street to drop off my bills at the Post Office station there near Burlington Street.

After dropping off the payments I headed east of 8th Street passing the alley from the Post Office then continued driving about two miles towards downtown Los Angeles and headed to California Hospital Medical Center. I spotted a parking at the curbside in Hope Street and dropped some coins in the meter.

I walked towards the Human Resources after that then handed my Cash Distribution Form for my 403B application to be signed by the recruiting officer. I waited for about two minutes at the office and then the secretary came out to give me back the form signed by the officer. I was very very happy that I had accomplished one of my goal that day. All I needed to do is to fax it later then drop it off again at the Post Office.

After leaving the Human Resources I then headed south of Hope Street then made a right west of Venice Blvd. going to Wilshire area for about thre miles then made a right on Hoover Street going north towards La Fayette Park then made a right again on 7th Street going Vermont Avenue then passed by at Newberry Watch Shop in Shatto Place where my friend Bobby is working.

I went in the shop and saw my friend Bobby working at that time. I talked to him a little bit and asked him if he can change the battery of my Tag Heuer and Movado watch that I needed to wear during the wedding. He eagerly said yes then I waited for a little half an hour for him to do it.

I chatted with him a little bit after he did it then I left the shop and went home because I needed to fax the letter cash distribution form at the AIG-Valic office in Amarillo, TX then after that copy the forms and mail it to them so I left again at the apartment and drop the letter at the nearby Post Office between 3rd Street and Western Avenue.

After I dropped off the letter I passed by at my favorite Korean Bakery near the Post Office in Western Avenue called Paris Baguette and bought my favorite sandwiches like the California roll croisant sandwich and the Tuna salad sandwich. Apparently they don't have my most crave Chicken salad sandwich so I chose to try their Hotdog pizza bread which was also very delicious.

I went home after that then started to do my  laundry and while washing here I am blogging all my accomplished goals for today. Yay!

I can't really wait for my itenirary tomorrow in Las Vegas. I texted my friend Joan to meet me up at the hotel so hopefully she'll show up at there. Looking forward for my weekend getaway in Vegas!

I won't be bringing my laptop so no blogging for the whole weekend for me. Sorry! Will resume on Monday when I get back. Hope I can still remember all the happenings that will happen there. I promise to take notes then typed it down here. Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment