Saturday, April 10, 2010

Goodbye Batch 7

After covering Batch 7 midway their 3rd term and the whole of 4th term I will sadly missed them. Their laughters, their fun, their being so loud, and most of all their friendship. It was almost five very long months that I had them and honestly I had grow fond of them.

Eventhough I am not approved of their being so loud this group has a very distinct laughter that I couldn't forget. It even go through one of my dreams. I can even hear them when I go to sleep. It was very odd but it's true.

I hope I had guided them during their learning process in the clinicals and for sure I felt that I did my best to have them witnessed a baby being delivered and also explained them what they needed to learn in Maternity and Neonatology. I even showed them how to calculate gestational age and assessed a normal and stable newborn baby.

I am also certain that each and everyone of them had witnessed a delivery and had mastered the art of passing medications and doing activity of daily living or what we usually call ADLs. Now I am very confident that they know how to compute complex medication dosages including computing pediatric dosages and percentages in mixing intravenous fluids and medications.

I also had helped and assisted them in outlining their individual case study for their school's exit case presentation and had guided them do their Powerpoint presentations. And I am very confident that they will come out victorious and successful next Sunday on April 18th during the big day for their case presentation.

I will miss Denise's enormous and contagious laughter, Daniel's cocky but confident attitude, Jorge's wittiness and excellent leadership, Betty's annoying questions and interrupting attitude although she is greatly loved by everybody especially by me, Teresa's silent personality, Aloha's unmindful and carefree attitude, Rhea's offensive and funny remarks, Jasmin's inner confidence, Sheryl P's infectious smile and giggles, Sheryll F's thought provoking quietness, Gene's questionable oddity, Xenia's smart moves and natural  intelligence, Dan's expertise and connoisseur in iPhone and other gadgets, Abbhie's unwarranted tardiness and homecooked food, and Anna's defensive and protective attitude. These students will be forever be missed by me.

Every journey has to end and it is unfortunate to have come to this very part. I know this is not the end for us but a new beginning for another challenging life. I hope everything that you've learned will stay with you forever and that you will put it into practice as you embark on your new jobs later on.

I hope they will study better for their ATI review and will successfully pass their ATI exit exams. And I will be one proud instructor if they will do it. They will not just make me happy but also will make me satisfied and fulfilled. At least all my efforts of teaching them what they needed to learn will not go in vain.

Way to go Batch 7! Thank you for your company every Sunday for the past five months. You're all will be missed by me. Good bye and good luck on your future plans and undertakings! Thanks a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment