Monday, March 29, 2010

My Trip To Houston (Part2)

Well, I'm back here again to continue my short experiences from my five day iterinary to Houston. My blog yesterday seems very long so I opted to cut it into two and here's the second part of it. I just wanted to make a journal out of that little trip to my second home and share it with you at the same time keep it as my memory online so that I can come back here and try to reminisce what had happened during that time. And here's the continuation starting from Day 4:

Day 4 (March 26, 2010; Friday): I think I still had a hang-over from the other nights escapade at the Mexican Food Festival at McAllen Civic Center. I didn't even realized that I was in Texas having a short vacation. I still feel a little bit tipsy when Sally came up to my room and woke me up with her cold hands. She told me that Rebecca and Gay (our other friends from McAllen) were downstairs having breakfast. I immediately got out of bed and brushed my teeth and went down to meet the two. They were so happy to see me and we had a little chit-chats over breakfast. Then Amparo and hubby came over and brought some more food for the breakfast. Tatay, Nanay (Sally's parents), Sally, Rudy (Sally's hubby), Jo-Ann and Harris were all gathered at the kitchen and dining table and we were all talking, laughing, and having so much fun. I sneaked out from them after a while for me to take a shower for we were leaving a little bit that time to catch up for our dinner at Amy's in the afternoon. I am anticipating a very long drive back to Houston. When everybody were ready to leave we bade goodbye to our host and we hugged each other. At least we've seen each other after for so many years. I hate goodbyes but we have to, so we poignantly said our lines and blow some kisses when we left. We decided to pass by the Basilica of the Virgin of San Juan to pay homage to the blessed lady and also to fetch some holy water. The church was noted internationally for harboring the miraculous statue of the Virgin Mary and I am one of the devout believer of the place. After our short visit at the church we then continued our long trip back to Houston. In between the trip we stopped once in a while to gas up, buy some tokens like fruits being produced from the valley as our pasalubong for our friends, and also take a leak and also buy some food to eat. The same long and boring trip back to Houston was being experienced. When we get to Houston at 5:00 pm Sally decided to drop me off at Jovi's house and she decided to just take a rest and not come at the dinner at Amy's house because she had a nagging headache. After dropping me off at Jovi's I bade goodbye and thanked Sally, Rudy, and her parents for letting me tag along with them on their short visit to McAllen. Then me, Jovi and family also left and went to Sugarland, TX at Amy's house to attend the dinner. There we also met May and family together with her mom, Amy and Nick minus Ruel, and Eden minus Paul. The kids were so rowdy and were very noisy but it was fun to get together. The dinner went well. Amy prepared a very hearty treat for us. The Pompano fish was very delicious and I couldn't even forget that. Hahaha. We separated at around 9:00 pm and me and Jovi's whole clan (Rey, Jonah, Julian, and Joseph) all went home very tired. I was the one who felt so beat up because of my whole day iterinary but it was all cool.

Day 5 (March 27, 2010; Saturday): I woke up early at 7:00 am to packed up my things. I will be leaving in the afternoon and I just wanted to get ready for my trip back to Los Angeles. I had a lot of fun in Houston. Although it was a very short visit it seems that all my iterinaries were all jampacked. But it was all good. It's nice to meet and see some old friends and spend a good and quiet times with them. Although this was an unplanned visit it seems that the eagerness of my friends to see me was very touching and heartrending. I was so emotional deep inside. But it was all cool. My last day was spent with my friend Jovi. We went to Pearland Mall, actually Pearland Walmart first because I wanted to buy the New Moon DVD  which I haven't bought in Los Angeles because it was sold out there then buy some stuff for the kids and then we went to the mall and shop a little bit. We even went to the Gelato Shop to get some ice cream treat and enjoyed our time together talking about our lives. It was sad though that I haven't got to see Toto Ernest (my first cousin) because he was working that day and my other cousin Ate Perlina already lived in San Antonio. I had planned this trip for my reunion with my cousins but I had failed to do it. But hopefully may be in the future I get to see them. May be it's not the right time yet. Jovi had dropped me off at the airport in IAH at 5:00 pm. My flight back to Los Angeles was very smooth and uneventful. I arrived in Los Angeles at 8:10 pm Pacific time and waited for the Super Shuttle to pick me up and drop me off at my apartment.

All in all my trip back to Houston was very nice. Meeting up with good and long time friends was cool. Although my goal of meeting up with my close relatives (cousins) was not been realized yet I had found some way to escape from my toxic and busy life in Los Angeles. It was a fruitful vacation and I can't forget all the memories that had happened during that very short five days. Things had happened at a spur of the moment but everything went cool and okay. At least, I get to remember all of it and blogged it here for me to remind myself about that short-five-days-memory-filled-visit to Houston, TX.

Aaaaah...... those were the days my friends. I will miss you all! I had a good time and I always cherished all my times with you. Thanks for the hospitality and unconditional love. I love you all! Hope this is not my last visit there and hope I will see you again next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment