Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Blunt Allegations

I was so pissed today. Really mad, because I was called in Human Resources after my shift because of an allegation that I was caught sleeping at work. It was preposterous and absurd.

Before I clocked out this morning I was summoned by by Unit Manager through a call from my Supervisor that she needs to see me at her office in 8th floor. From 6th floor where Pediatrics is I giddily took the elevator wondering what's my offense why I was randomly called by my boss.

My mind was reeling and swirling wondering what was the cause of the summon. I fealt real anxious and apprehensive. When the elevator had opened on the 8th floor my heart beat was skipping beats and I felt butterflies on my stomach. It was really unnerving to feel like this.

I walked towards 8th East near the corner where my boss's office was located. Near the door I shakily knocked on the door and she signaled for me to come as I saw her from the reflection of the glass door. I say "hi" and "good morning" to her and she told me that she needs to walk me to the Human Resource.

I asked her what's the reason why she summoned me and she told me that one of the security guards making rounds last Sunday early morning had caught me and me co-worker sleeping near the nurse's station. She asked me if this allegations were true and I confidently told her no. Then she told me that were going down to Human Resource to meet up with the Human Relations Officer who received the guard's report.

From 8th floor we took the elevator down to the lobby and crossed the lawn towards the brown building across the hospital. When we got to the Human Resource I met up with the HR Officer and there she explained to me about the guard's report.

I explained my side and gave my own sid eof the story. From there I was served a temporary 48 hour suspension notice without pay pending the investigation and if not proven guilty will be compensated according to the scheduled hours of work during the suspension. If proven guilty then the suspension notice will serve as is for disciplinary action.

I also explained my wish to bring the matter to the employee's union and I was advice to do that because it's my right as an employee for a panel from the union to investigate if I was wrongfully charged because as far as I know when some employee is alleged to be charged for an offense pending an investigation he or she could not be suspended until proven guilty.

So, I was really wondering if I was suspended wrongfully or not that's why I wanted to bring the matter up to my Union organization.

I called the officer from my Union in-charge for my hospital and had explained to him my side. I also faxed to him all the necessary information I can remember during the event including the situations and mitigating circumstances.

Well, I was really devastated about the charge because honest to goodness, the charge was blatantly wrong and discriminatory. The times were off and the decisions made were not appropriate. I hope and pray that I will come out clean and proven not guilty of the allegations and will resume working without staining my reputation at work.

I know shit happens sometimes and that's inevitable but of all people it was me. It was so unfortunate really that it had happened to me. Not that it affected my reputation it also affected my ego. Hopefully, all is well and I will come out victorious in proving that I am not guilty about the blunt allegations.

I felt so betrayed and I lose my confidence anymore in trusting people around me. Now I'm down and depressed and I felt I am in limbo and confused. Hopefully, all is well. Thank God.

No comments:

Post a Comment