Saturday, February 6, 2010

Had A Good Saturday Off

It was Saturday at around 3 pm when I woke up feeling well recharged from a six hour long sleep. It felt so good after waking up. The sun had just came out after two days of heavy raining here in Southern California. It's really nice to go out and feel this not so cold weather.

I worked last night for just one day and went home very tired. When I got out of the hospital it was raining hard and the streets outside the hospital were flooded a little bit probably because of the clogged drainage system around downtown Los Angeles where my hospital is located.

The freeways on my way home was also packed because of the slow traffic on that early morning commute on my way home. I exited on Vermont Avenue from Freeway 101 a.k.a. Hollywood Freeway and decided to pass by Goodah Restaurant to buy my early morning breakfast of "Tocino-Sinangag-at-Itlog" because I am not in the mood of cooking a breakfast and just wanted to sleep after eating.

It was still raining when I went home and didn't even know when the sun came out because I was sleeping the whole day. The cold also had helped me fell asleep after I laid down on my soft bed after eating the breakfast that I bought. And I didn't even have any idea what were happening outside that cold and sleep inducing room that I had. When I woke up and went out to my living room it was already bright, because the sun had came out already, compared to the dark and gloomy surroundings I've been used these previous days.

I immediately took a shower and changed because I needed to do some very important errands today. Actually, I was off today so I intended to just carry out some of the errands that I had stalled these previous weeks. I hoped it won't be a drag to have done all these errands all at once. I was crossing my fingers.

But before doing the errands I decided to load some of my work scrubs at the washing machine then waited for it to finish then I loaded it in the dryer then left to carry out all the errands I needed to accomplish that time.

The first thing that I did was stop by at my bank at Larchmont area and wire a money transfer at my account in the Philippines to pay for the two condominiums that I bought there while it is still early so that it will arrive there before the due date. It will be due every 17th of the month so in order to save my time I decided to do it early rather than to be late with my payments.

When I got out of the bank I spotted a Pinkberry store across the street. So I decided to cross the street and went in the cafe to check out what they had. I decided to order a small frozen yogurt on a cup with sliced mango, kiwi, and pineapple fruits, strawberry and blueberry, topped with cinnamon granolas and dried shredded coconuts.

I then took a sit at one of the table and enjoyed my treat. It was good and very yummy. It's just like eating an ambrosia fruit salad. I felt I was in Mt. Olympus eating with the Gods. Hahaha.... It was soooo delicious! At least the treat was a healthy choice as well as it has low in calories. It was really so good!

After I was done I crossed the street and went back to the bank's parking lot where I parked my car then headed to a Korean Supermarket in Koreatown to buy some of my groceries. I bought some fruits, bag of brown rice (I prefer this rice because it is very rich in Vitamin B which I needed for my nerves and brain), drinks, and also some frozen and microwavable foods for my snack at work (my freezer is already empty).

After I got out of the grocery store I passed by at the nearby Post Office at 3rd Street and Western Avenue to mail the DVD of my mom's burial that I promised my uncle from Guam, Also since it was his birthday on the 16th I also mailed a birthday card for him along with the DVD. Then I went home to drop off all the groceries that I bought.

When I got home I loaded all the grocery bags and stuffed some of it inside the fridge then I went at the back of the house to check on the scrubs that I loaded in the dryer earlier, folded them, and tucked them inside the closet.

At around 5:30 pm I realized that I already finished some of my errands so I decided to go to The Grove Mall and decided to watch a movie since it was already been a long time that I haven't watched a movie. I decided to watch the movie Legion but it will not come out until 7 pm so I was forced to look for an alternative one. I decided to watch Dear John instead which starred Channing Tatum and that girl from Mama Mia.

Actually, the movie was a good one. I didn't even regret that I chose to watch it though it was a very poignant movie yet it was good. It's just like the movie Notebook based on Nicolas Sparks movie. It was a love story full of winning moments and life's lessons. I was really touched about the plot and the story.

When I got out of the movie I was very very hungry. Well, I haven't had lunch that's why. I remembered that French restaurant I used to frequent when I lived in Koreatown before. So I decided to leave the mall and drove all the way to Sunset Junction on the other side of the town. I drove for seven miles to just quench my longing for a French cuisine.

When I got to the area where that French restaurant was located it all turned out that they were close on a Saturday so in my frustration and hunger at that moment I decided to turn around and just decided to eat at The Kitchen restaurant which is just about five blocks from that French restaurant. Good thing the restaurant was open or else I don't know what to do if it's close.

I ordered a butter fried seabass with capers and chopped basil leaves on a white Jasmin rice and grilled asparagus. It was a very delicious plate I ordered and I enjoyed it with a glass of Moscato d'Asti wine. It's been a long time that I haven't had a dinner like this. I really missed my bestfriend Kuya George who used to dine with me before.

But things have changed now so here I am dining alone by myself. I get used to it already though. It was just quite embarrasing though because some of the diners there comes in couple or groups while I was alone on my table. Some of them were staring and looking at me enjoying and cherishing my dinner while scanning Facebook from my iPhone.

After the dinner I paid the bill and left the restaurant. I decided to pass by at the nearby Walgreens Store near 6th Street and Vermont Avenue to buy the Valentine gift bag for our Valentine exchange gift at work and some of my toilet papers, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and soap bars because I remembered that I am almost running of those. Then after that I headed home because I still have to prepare some of the things that I needed for my clinicals tomorrow.

It was a very relaxing Saturday off I had although it was just for a few hours but I get to watch a movie, dine out and also did some of my errands and chores. It was a productive one day off and I really enjoyed it. It was a fun day for me after doing all those tiresome and stressful drudgeries these previous days and weeks.

Aaah...... how I wish everyday is my day off so that I could do all those things that I had stalled to be done in the future. But things just needed to be set aside and accomplished at a later time to accomodate for the ones that are new.

Hopefully, things will be okay for me and that I won't stress and tire myself out. How I wish I could have a superpower and just do all of these things at a snap of a finger. But everything has it's own price and having those superpowers entails more responsibility. I'd rather stay the same and I'm taking back what I've said earlier......hehehe. It was just a wish and hope it won't happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment