Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Equality Should be Universal

Well, things at my hospital work and school work right now are getting so sticky. I mean the work is okay but mingling with unreal people around is giving me some bad aura. It takes a lot of effort to put on a happy face because most of them practically were very superficial.

You know the feeling if you are in a situation where people around you were real or unreal especially when it comes to maintaining a close knit interaction and relationship with them. I can smell competition everywhere. It seems that I acted as plastic instead of them acting like it.

Like in my school job, some of my co-teachers are not even very approachable. One time I'd asked one of my co-teacher if she can lend me her instructional materials for an Anatomy and Physiology lecture. You know what she told me? "Well, you have to make your own, I did mine with a lot of hardwork so you have to work hard for your own.", she said. Like uh.... excuse me!

I was so shocked and was really got offended with that very blunt comment. The reason I asked her about it was because my Director-of-Nursing told me to just borrow it from her because he had lend her some of the slides before. I know she took some of her Powerpoint slides from our Director-of-Nursing and she has the knack to tell me that she had worked hard for it. Well, it's really hard to please people around nowadays.

I am a person who believes that whatever goes around will come around. And for this, I firmly believed that there is always a time that what she did to me will come back to her in any form. I am not being vindictive about it but it really irked and annoyed me a lot.

I know it offended me a little bit,  had pierced my ego quite a bit, but I was just trying to be nice in approaching her, and she was not even that nice to me. I thought we are supposed to help each other around in school but I had proven it wrong. I shouldn't have made such gesture in the first place.

It was really a big mistake for me to have had approached her. So maybe next time, I have to be careful. I had learned my lessons from that situation and hopefully next time I'll be more sensitive to what will be the consequences of my actions and for what will be happening around me.

On the otherhand, at my hospital work it's even worse. My supervisor always sneaked in our work and trying to embarrass us in front on the patient's folks. I mean this is a blatant degradation and insult of our own work performance, dignity, and personal capacities as a nurse.

She was very mean to us everytime we made rounds and do our bedside reports. She always talks to us in a sarcastic manner and I couldn't even think of any single event or situation that I had provoked or challenged her to be mean at us. May be she just need or is lacking of getting and being laid because there's no such moments that she's not very irritable and in the mood of offending us all the time when she talks at us.

One time she called me in the playroom and told me that I did the procedure wrong or I gave the wrong medicine at a patient so she needs to write me up for it. I asked her if where did I go wrong and she couldn't even tell me right in front of my face.

All I know is I didn't do anything to cause harm to my patient. I was already extremely fuming that time so I asked her if she's just picking on me because I am Asian and gay. I told her if she do it again I have to complain to the Union about her being discriminatory at me.

I told her that I am trying my best to offer good services for my clients and not getting offended and berated in front of them. I took my profession for four damn painful years and not to be berated and degraded as if I am just a piece of shit in front of my patients.

I also told her that if she ever do that again I will write her up and complain her to the administration and the union. After that she was super nice at me. She probably didn't expected that I will retaliate against her and gave her an ultimatum about that big time.

Well, I was so full that time and I couln't even held on to my anger that's why my fury had erupted that time. I mean if I am in the right position I have to voice my own right and not to be stepped upon. I have a lot of doses of those kind of situations already in my entire career and life where I am being belittled and stepped on but I just kept my cool and blow it off if I get full of it.

I am a very quiet person but if somebody will rip me off of my rights then that's another story. I mean we are all human and people has their own personality but I mean we are created to harmonized not to envy at each other. I just can't get it why some people have the knack to hurt other people's feelings.

Our world is a very diverse place. We encountered a lot of people everyday and we should know how to act nicely and professionally in every situations because in the eyes of God we are all the same. Nobody is superior than anybody. And nobody has the right to step with somebody's rights. We are all equal and we have the same equal rights to live by, enjoy, and cherish.

Mingling with people is always hard but we have to learn to be sensitive of anybody's existence. Whatever color, race, or ethnicity you are we are all created equal. We shared the same bread (manna) in the eye's of God and nobody has the biggest piece of that bread (manna). Everybody has equal pieces of that bread and it's up for us to spend or use that chunk of bread that we got or inherited from God.

We should always remember that equality is universal and it should happen anywhere we go. There is really no person who can outshine another. We should be of the same level and we should be in good harmony with each other. And we always remember the saying; "No man is an island." And this further solidify our being connected with each other.

Hopefully, it would be a better place if this thing happens all the time. No competition, no giving offenses, no jealousy should happen anywhere and anytime. Life should be of equal importance no matter what kind of power or influence you have. "Life is always a stage and we do or create our own drama all the time."

No comments:

Post a Comment